Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: seacoast area fishing questions

i can remember an old woman that used to colect and eat periwinkles, bet she would have loved those little green crabs, i dont remember too many green crabs when i was a kid, i think they were just moving into the area at the time

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: seacoast area fishing questions

Once I get a boat, Id love to catch some lobsters.....is there any way to get a trap to them without a boat??

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: seacoast area fishing questions

You must be in a boat to lobster, but it doesn't say how big it has to be, and 90% of the lobsters I got this past year have been within 100 yards of shore. It was a slow start this past season with all the rain we got in the spring, but I was sick of lobster by mid august.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: seacoast area fishing questions

This one was about 8 lbs. Hopefully you have a beer can in your hand to compare to the pic.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: seacoast area fishing questions

Another try:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: seacoast area fishing questions

My cousin and his first keeper, under the 95 bridge.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: seacoast area fishing questions

Nice... lobstering AND fishing! Can't do that in Winni. LOL Almost makes you wanna move to the shore! The wife LOOOOVES lobstah.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: seacoast area fishing questions

I dream of being sick of Lobster. Went to an all yoiu can eat Lonster and Steak joint once, all I could eat was 5, and all I ate was tails and claws. Needless to say I was disappointed, I'd like to try it again now that my capacity has increased, LOL.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

You must be in a boat to lobster, but it doesn't say how big it has to be, and 90% of the lobsters I got this past year have been within 100 yards of shore. It was a slow start this past season with all the rain we got in the spring, but I was sick of lobster by mid august.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: seacoast area fishing questions

I saw a guy order a 7 lbr at a restaurant once......scared the you know what out of his son who looked about 5 years old. The whole place was laughing so hard, wish I had a video camera.

Cant wait to start fishing down there. I know of a few people that have caught flounder from the surf, but what else can I go hunting for and when can i start!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: seacoast area fishing questions

You'll be hard pressed to catch anything before late April, early May, if even. Stripers and bluefish will be your main gamefish targets from shore, along with the flounder off the bottom. You'll likely pull in some other ugly critters too, sea robins, scalpins, maybe a sandshark(dogfish). This past year I got about 4 or 5 of those 8 lbrs, and one day I got a 10 pounder, that scared the you know what out of me! The thing literally took up the entire trap, and was not pleased with me trying to pry him out. Some other interesting creatures I've seen within a few hundred yards of shore: A 20ft basking shark(I have an 18 footer, and it was longer than the boat), dolphins, harbor porpoise, seals, and many whales. This is why I haven't fished freshwater in 5 years. I love salmon and trout, but nothing beats fresh haddock, a few lobsters, and some fresh corn on the way home. Now I'm getting myself all juiced up. Have a nice weekend guys.