Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: painting lures

If you try to spray the bake on powder... make sure you use an airbrush designed for the dry paint. I've heard it doesn't work through a regular gun.
Netcraft has the bake on stuff too. I've been thinking of trying it. Surprised how many colors they have available in both regular and glow.
Those 2" spoon blanks are nice. Surprised to hear you order from them... I have an open account with those guys. Great prices. Waiting for an order that's been delayed due to a lack of 2 3/8" spoon blanks. LOL Just what I need, more lures!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: painting lures

Slip, good point about the air guns for powder paint. Not surprising but these places also sell the air brush devices for their powder paints...

The canadian outfit supposedly has or is getting little 1.5 in lure blanks. They started selling 2 in blanks after I begged them. I've been using the 2 in for my "smelt gun" imitations but would like to go even smaller. Outside of these two outfits I've had a real hard finding source for the smaller lure blanks in the size range of whats used on Winni.

Eric

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: painting lures

I hear ya... I've been email chatting with one of the guys at the canadian store trying to get them to sell us some copper or gold blanks, maybe some hammered too. Funny how you can find all this in the larger sizes, but not in "our" size.

Funny thing... I just received an order of 7/8" hammered nickel spoons. They're so small they're cute. Looks like a size 10 treble for these guys. I figure what the heck, I'll try 'em. Can't hurt.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: painting lures

I bet those spoons will be killer when the smelt first start hatching!!! can you post a picture???

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: painting lures

Better yet, could you post a link as to where to get those tiny 7/8 in spoons?

-Eric

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: painting lures

Those 7/8" spoon blanks were just something I found on ebay. I happened upon them while dubbing around. I think it was a "one time" thing? Sorry.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: painting lures

Thats a good find Craig. The smallest I've found "available" are the 1.5 in spoon blanks from the Canadian outfit (you use too?). Stamina sells blanks made by Worth. I called Worth and for about $2,000 or so they could make a mold for a spoon of any size I wanted. I told them I'd have to get back to them!