Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Question for YOAdrein

Hi YOAdrein I just got the 2 CV30CS reels we ordered my question is they came with the mounts that screw down the reel on to the rod do you use these or should I just put them in the reel seat and move on?I ask because these are some good size reels and didn't know if it would help when reeling in 6 to 8 colors.2nd you had said in a post awhile ago on how much backing & size lb test and leader lenght to use but I'm brain dead and can't find it could you please refreash my mind.that would be great.These are some nice reels if any one is looking for lead core reels and they are very fast 6.2 to 1 Ratio.Thanks for any input.

Erin

Re: A Question for YOAdrein

you don't need the extra clamps for winni.
Those would be necessary if you were fishing tarpon with heavy braided line or something like that, just put them in the reel seat and they are fine.

I tie on a section of 10 lb mono (90 feet early down to about 40 feet late) to this and then a tiny swivel and a 6-12 foot piece of 6lb. leader.

I have never actually spooled that reel with lead but if my calculations are correct it will hold 100-125yds of 30lb flyline backing and a 10 color spool of 18lb. lead core.

Where do i come up with this?
-speedmaster holds 390 yds 25lb mono
--- i have 150yds 30lb flybacking and 10 colors of 18
-Convector holds 310 yds 25lb mono
--- i guess 100yds of 30 lb flybacking and 10 colors of 18.

Re: Re: A Question for YOAdrein

YOAdrien thank you very much for the info.I can't wait to try them out.

Erin