Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
garbage left on the ice by bobhouses

I was on winnisquam tuesday fishing was okay , but their is so much garbage left behind from bobhouses it is pathetic tha people would remove their houses and leave 2x4's , broken ski's sticking straight out of the ice ,shovel handle ,6'x4' 3 inch thick foam board stuck in the ice . I am all for the ice to be free of bobhouses . it would be safer and cleaner for everyone on the ice and the water. just my 2 cents. "reel it in"

Re: garbage left on the ice by bobhouses

It is pretty disgusting isn't it. That crap ticks me off, how dare people do that. Get a chisel and dig it out you slobs!

I know the wardens are probably overextended anyways but they should keep track of the bobhouse owners and when they remove them if they leave stuff behind, hit them up for littering. The department usually has volunteers helping them out have them record names of bob house owners and report littering, how's that for a F+G Fundraiser, they would get a high percentage from what i have seen too.

Re: Re: garbage left on the ice by bobhouses

I agree, I always remove and take my blocks that are under the house, If they are frozen in I just chisel my a#@ off and dig them free and bring them back home.

Charlies charters

Re: Re: Re: garbage left on the ice by bobhouses

I agree with adrien I was thinking that last night but I didnt think F&G could do that if they could it would be awesome. Maybe they could recoup the money lost rescuing hikers if they fine those SOB's for littering!
wayne,

Re: Re: Re: Re: garbage left on the ice by bobhouses

I heard F&G was coming out with a registration sticker for bobhouses.There would be a tax,payable to the town it is in and you would be required to give a gps location on where it would be set up,so that you would be required to take your trash with you or be fined for littering.JUST KIDDING!!!I think I read that a sticker will be needed for canoes and kayaks soon and out of state registered boats. Something needs to be done about all the trash on the ice,ice out fishing is such fun,dogding junk!! A few years ago I marked a bobhouse off of Gilford Beach in 25 fow.I wonder if it was ever removed?

Re: garbage left on the ice by bobhouses

Sad to see NH isn't any different than Maine.

We have CO's speak at every Hunter Ed class and it is mind blowing the patrol areas these individuals are responsible for so it really isn't a surprise that they aren't there to levy fines to these inconsiderate slobs that gives our great sport a bad rap.

Especially your lake Jay, man there sure are a lot of bob-houses on that place. What's it called again, little smelt central? lol!

How about someone throws together a "NH ice fisherman" organization and sets a date in March for a day of pick up on the lakes. I'm sure you'd get some non fishermen to help as well. I'd bet some towns will even help sponsor something like this.

Re: Re: Re: Re: garbage left on the ice by bobhouses

2KR if you did that it probably would make the situation worse if the slobs knew someone was going to be picking up after them.
I think fisherman should monitor their own. Jot down the name and town on the bob house and call them and let them know if they don't clean their mess you'll report them. After all if we don't enforce the rules our fishing PRIVILEGES will be taken away from us. The "animal rights" people are looking for just this type of excuse to shut down fishing.
Cal

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

How about someone throws together a "NH ice fisherman" organization and sets a date in March for a day of pick up on the lakes. I'm sure you'd get some non fishermen to help as well. I'd bet some towns will even help sponsor something like this.

Unfortunatley it is starting to get that way on the Allagash Chain also.

They have the same problem here in Michigan. It's probably only 5% or less of the ice fishermen that actually litter, but it makes them all look bad. Many are encouraged out here to pick up after their fellow fisherman, no matter how annoying that may be. If you can carry it out on the ice, you can carry it in.

btw... they call em ice shanty's out here, not bobhouses. :-)