Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: April 1

Now that I have a dock to use til after the Derby I may still not be able tp get out early. The dock is in Blackey Cove and my not being that familiar with Winni/Ice Out, etc. I'm not sure when that will open up. I knpw the "Coves" in Squam are sometimes the last to open up ?

Has anyone got a feel for Blackey Cove, right next to Center Harbor as far as ice out history ?

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Well with the warm weather that we have had and some more to come after the snow storm this weekend how much open water do you think we'll have on April 1st?
I have spring fever after the last few days really bad!
Dan

Re: Re: April 1

If memory serves me that is always the last place for the ice to go out, there are some huge pines there for shade and limited runoff. The broads are usually ice free first then a few other coves but always last to go is blackley. I was there a couple days ago and there is 38 inches of ice there, it probably won't melt until after the derby, bummer. lol.

Re: Re: Re: April 1

Didn't you ever hear of "Dynomite"

John S.

Replying to:

If memory serves me that is always the last place for the ice to go out, there are some huge pines there for shade and limited runoff. The broads are usually ice free first then a few other coves but always last to go is blackley. I was there a couple days ago and there is 38 inches of ice there, it probably won't melt until after the derby, bummer. lol.

Re: Re: Re: Re: April 1

38" huh??? Haven't seen that much ice in years. LOL

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: April 1

How's a skinny guy like you hold onto an auger with that big of a drill head LMAO Just Kidding buddy Take Care God Bless LOL Dave From up North P.S. I would like to see that drill LOL

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: April 1

i extend my third leg and use it as a tripod, gotta be careful of the blade though!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: April 1

No wonder the wife lets you go fishing so much ROFLMAO LOL If its that big you ain't giving me no more hugs if i catch a big fish LMAO Just Joking buddy LOL Take Care God Bless LOL Dave From up NOrth who's still laughing like crazy LOL

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: April 1

No ice down here in sunny Mexico, only the Hawian Tropics finals at our hotel beach/pool, some real nice looking fish walking around the pool, hard to hook up though, they want "live bait".. Popeye where are you when I need you, LOL.

Gotta go now,

John S.

Replying to:

No wonder the wife lets you go fishing so much ROFLMAO LOL If its that big you ain't giving me no more hugs if i catch a big fish LMAO Just Joking buddy LOL Take Care God Bless LOL Dave From up NOrth who's still laughing like crazy LOL

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: April 1

LOL...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: April 1

Sure Rub it in Sampson Sounds like you LMAO Freezing and cold up here and no hotties running around in bikinis LOL Don't get the ticker too excited LOL Take Care God Bless LOL Dave From up North