Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any ideas on "cost effective" places to stay (or camp) for Winni Derby?

I'm looking for a cost effective camp / room or campground to stay at during the Winni Derby. I've got a place to dock my boat out on Meredith neck but no idea where to stay...without costing a lot. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Eric H.

Re: Any ideas on "cost effective" places to stay (or camp) for Winni Derby?

LOL!

get a load of this guy, "Cost Effective"

does effectively emptying your wallet count!!!

Just fooling, but i don't know anyways?

Re: Re: Any ideas on "cost effective" places to stay (or camp) for Winni Derby?

Eric,

Last year I stayed at West Alton Marina. They let you dock your boat for the weekend and campout onsite for $125. Get a couple of your buddies to throw in and I would consider that "cost effective".

Re: Re: Re: Any ideas on "cost effective" places to stay (or camp) for Winni Derby?

I've got dock space lined up but not a place to sleep. I feared it could be what Adrien mentioned, as last couple times I did just that, empty my wallet effectively. I'd consider any decent campground if any of you who are local could point me to where I could find them

Re: Re: Re: Re: Any ideas on "cost effective" places to stay (or camp) for Winni Derby?

Hey there Eric, Email me and i will give you the email of the place that i stayed at during last years derby, Very Nice Cottages (with dock space if you really need it) located right in Center Harbor bay almost out to the first buoy, We went down on a thursday afternoon Check in was after 2:00pm and left sunday when we were done fishing Great Hosts (Owner's are very nice people) and the cabins look old but are very nice inside, You can't smoke inside the cabins but the porches are nice and you can sit there if you do smoke. Not sure what their prices are this year but last year cabin/dock space cost us $300.00 There was only 2 other guys staying at the cabins when we where there. Great Place and if i wasn't graduating from college on the Friday of the Derby UGHHHHHHHH (Student Senate president tryed getting them to bump up graduation a week LMAO but it didn't work LOL) I would be staying there again. I'll be sleeping in my truck on Fri/Sat. night and fishing on the Sampson Barge Sat/Sun if every thing works out Take Care God Bless LOL Dave From up North

Campgrounds

Here are a few campgrounds in the area: #1, #2, #3.

Re: Campgrounds

Thanks LOL and Gray Ghost for the great leads. Looking forward to it...

-Eric

Re: Re: Campgrounds

http://www.choicehotels.com/

Eric
Check out Roadway Inn in Moultonborough. $60 a night. I was just up there looking for a place to stay for fishing Winni. this spring. There arn't many cheap chain hotels in the area. This is 9 miles from Meredith on Rt. 25. which is the main road on the north side of Winni. There is a Dunkin Donuts, gas stations and other food places along Rt.25. between Moultonborough and Meredith. The place has parking in the rear and I think there is room for a boat.... I am going to be talking with them next month to verify parking. This is a good bet as I have checked out other chain hotels and there just isn't any this close.

Re: Re: Re: Campgrounds

I will do some checking for you also. I will try to bring some info to the gathering. See you guys next week!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Campgrounds

Thanks Brown Boat, Still Fishin. Still Fishin, I won't be able to make the gathering...traveling to Europe on business. I had hoped to make it. If you find anything please post or shoot me an e-mail: echince@geovation.com

Thanks to all so far. Does anyone know if Harbor Hill campground on Rt. 25 north of Meredith is open by the time of the derby?

Eric

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Campgrounds

Harbor Hill according to their web site doesn't open until May 25.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Campgrounds

Bummer. That would have been right there for me. I guess something in the Center Harbor - Moultonboro would be my best bet.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Campgrounds

I have a bran new area / apt above my garage with a full bath and kitchen. 950 sq feet, half mile from center harbor bay, plenty of room to park trucks, boat..
no furniture- need to bring air matteress.. Available $225 a nite for up to four people or 65 for one..
914-523-9324