Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: hotmaps chip problems

I am taking my boat down to him, providing I can get it out after this storm. he is supposed to work on it Thursday and Friday of next week. The week after Easter I am having another guy put on a TR-1 Gold on my kicker engine. I hope it works like they say. I can't wait to meet everyone at the gathering.

Re: Re: Re: Re: hotmaps chip problems

Bob,
thats a big boat to pull. what are you pulling it with? have you been to his place yet? water street is very tight where he is, but they bring good size boats in and out of that boat brokerage that is in the same yard as him all the time.

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hotmaps chip problems

I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 with a 5.9 commings diesel. It is rated for 15,000 lbs. I didn't want one that big, but they had 35 on the lot and made me a great deal. When I'm not hauling I get 22 miles per gallon. When I'm hauling I get 16. I am going to bring my boat this week on Wednesday afternoon.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hotmaps chip problems

Thats great milage both ways. I have an 03 dodge 2500 hemi, 12 mpg - 8 mpg hauling the boat, ouch! $50.00 in gas round trip to winni.

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hotmaps chip problems

ilucas... I feel ya on that! I get about the same with my Chevy 2500. Sounds like I need to consider a diesel for my next truck. I could put up with the engine noise for the bonus mileage. LOL

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hotmaps chip problems

I would wait on any new diesel trunks.2007 is the first year generation 1 low sulfer fuel.New low emission laws equals new ash burning filter systems.I want to see how these new systems hold up first.Thats my two cents.Polebreaker

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hotmaps chip problems

i was hot for the 07 ford f350 6.0 diesel. (08 model has the new engine). 4 door lariet is 48-52k, mrsp. in this market you should be able to get 10-12k off sticker on a 50k truck. NOT FORD, best i could do was 37k on a 47k 2006.
i will wait.