Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Niagara Bar Fishing Trip

Guy's

We are still putting together the spring trip for anyone wanting to go. If interested contact me via email,phone #736-9757 or see me at the Gathering. So far 2 boats going the week of april 29, Ernie, Glen, Dave are leaving the Concord area Monday morning 7am. We plan on returning Friday morning loaded with fish and many good time stories. The more wanting to go the better time we all will have, don't miss out plan now for the trip of your life.
Good Fishin
Ernie

Re: Niagara Bar Fishing Trip

It was nice to meet the three of you today. I will keep in touch about the trip. I agree, the more the merrier!

Re: Re: Niagara Bar Fishing Trip

What's the smallest boat that could fish the Niagara Bar? 16' Lund with a 25 hp 4-stroke? Or no way? Always been curious....do you need a big rig for that? (Yes, I know it all depends on the weather...but typically...)

Re: Re: Re: Niagara Bar Fishing Trip

It depends on the weather. I’ve fished Lake O for some 20 years out of a 16.5 Sea Nymph. Some of that time was with a 35 Hp. Most of the time when it is to rough for a 16 footer, it is to rough for 25 footer, every body stays in.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Niagara Bar Fishing Trip

Gus is right on the $$ with what he said.The bar has less blow off days than the east end of Lake Ontario so You will be fine just pick your days if you can't get out you could go in to the river and try for some steelhead and lakers.Just make sure you stay on the USA side of the river or you will have to buy a canada's fishing lic.I have seen 14 foot alum.boats out in Oswego but with waves 2 foot or less.but just remember a 30 lb fish is not worth going out in big waves.Good luck.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Niagara Bar Fishing Trip

Steve,

The weather is what everyone goes by, I have seen an off shore wind you could fish out maybe 3/4 of a mile.I only have a 19ft boat and I have seen days I would not go out at all. Last year in July on a 1week vacation we were blown out 3 day fishing between the salmon and oswego rivers, but I still landed a king at 34.8 lbs. (Check bragging Board) We still had the time of our lives, worth the trip. But there are options like fishing in the river, staying close to shore, or relaxing and waiting for another day.Still looking for more people to go to the Niagara Bar with us if you can make it,you are welcome.
Ernie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Niagara Bar Fishing Trip

Thanks a lot for the info, everyone. I don't know if I can do this trip...but hopefully sometime soon.

Steve H.