Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GPS/sounder with Winni data - question??

Platinum working on your unit?
What did you buy?
Maybe things changed since i got my last info?
Platinum is only compatible with Some GeoNav units, a couple northstar units, and the raymarine E series
Cheapest e-series is $3200 for the SCREEN ONLY E80. Plus you have to buy GPS Software and antenna and dsm unit and transducer for total of $4000+ The others are about the same.

3D isn't worth $4000, at least not in my book, and you are still running a $99 plastic transducer.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GPS/sounder with Winni data - question??

All I know is that according to a Cabelas link I was sent, the Platinum chip would run on my unit??? I have the Intellimap 500c... You're probably right, though. I must be misreading something. Here's the link.
http://www.cabelas.com:80/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?type=product&cmCat=Related_IPL_019014&id=0045320018982a

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GPS/sounder with Winni data - question??

I was just looking at the "Gold Series" and see they are for a very select few units. Is that what you were thinking of?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GPS/sounder with Winni data - question??

Looks like Cabelas has the wrong info listed on their site... I just went to Navionics website and it says the Platinum series is not compatable with Eagle. Hope nobody buys it from Cabelas expecting it to work!
I'm gonna email them now so hopefully they get it straightened out.

Re: Re: GPS/sounder with Winni data - question??

The reason that I did not buy the Garman is the fact that my favorite lakes were not on BlueCharts. They have a good inexpensive unit that is easy to work, but If your lakes are not on their what is the point? Look at one that take Navionics charts.

Re: Re: Re: GPS/sounder with Winni data - question??

Well, I'm bummed out. The Garmin was available for just over $200. The Humminbird and Lowrance are around $500 plus for similar unit. Just goes to show you the value of compatible software.

Thanks for all of your replies, Jon W

Re: Re: Re: Re: GPS/sounder with Winni data - question??

Joe Cabela's has this unit on sale just for your info.Hope this helps.

Erin

Lowrance Golobalmap 3600C

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GPS/sounder with Winni data - question??

Hi Erin, You had me excited for a minute. This is exactly what I am looking for but I wanted a sounder built in to the unit.
Thanks, I appreciate it.. Jon W

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GPS/sounder with Winni data - question??

Sorry Joe I thought you were just looking for the gps Here is another site that I buy from he will match any price and ship free if over $400.Ask for Jim Sorry about the screw up.

Erin

By Owner Electronics.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GPS/sounder with Winni data - question??

I had a garmin plotter for a few years and garmin kept promising me that they were comeing out with a chart for winni. I waited for a few years before switching to lowrance 330c. I very happy with the Navionics charts.