Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sat Fishing

I'm going to be out tomorrow in wolfeboro anyone else going to be out in that area fishing. Trying to get the boat out, I think i might have to shovel out the boat ramp though...LOL
Dan

Re: Sat Fishing

Dan, is there enough open water at the mouth of river and around the pier were the mount docks for acouple of boats to troll.early in the year I generaly put a 14ft starcraft in Back Bay and come down and under the brigd and troll what ever water that is open Salmoneer {Don L}

Re: Re: Sat Fishing

Hey Don, Yes, there is enough open water for a couple of boats, I was planning on putting my 14 footer in tomorrow. Although, I need a clean ramp for my trailer because my boat is to heavy to lift. I called the town and asked them to clean the ramp, and they told me if they had enough time they would. I'm bring a shovel just in case they didn't. I'm thinking they didn't get to it. The only way right now to get a boat in the water is by sliding a boat over the snow and you should be all set. I'm solo tomorrow if you want to hook up and do some fishing or anyone else.
Dan

Re: Re: Re: Sat Fishing

Good luck buddy! Hope you slaughter 'em.

Dan,thank"s for the offer to join you tomorrow,unforunately I have to take my wife to see her sister at the CMC Hospital in Manchester.so that puts a crimp in my fishing.Maybe we can get together another time my phone # 648-2807 thanks again Salmoneer PS.I"am not much of a typist

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sat Fishing

i hate that bridge in wolfboro. first time i put my boat in winni i exploded my windshield tring to go under it ( now i know where diamonds come from. unbelievable what happens when safety glass explodes.).

it was depressing ( what a way to christen the boat). but i toughed it out and drove around without a windshield that day ( after i cleaned up the glass enough to be comfortable that it wouldn't blow into my eyes...which took awhile.) luckily i didn't bend the frame much and was able to get new glass in. otherwise it would have been mucho dinero ( did i say that right, lucky devil?).

i had scoped the bridge out the day before and saw a few boats ( bowriders) going under it, so i figured it was easy. not for my boat.

my fault as i drifted a bit to the right of center under the bridge.
but on the way back in it scared the **** out of me. i swear we only cleared by 2 inches even straight down the middle. we actually ducked our heads. it was like being a tall man in a short cave. never again.

as i write this, i'm getting deja vieu . did i tell this story last year? oh well, maybe some new guys on the board will be interested.

hey crawfish. when do you put your boat in the water down there?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sat Fishing

You think that's tight??????? trying going under the bridge in the Squam Channel with Sampson's Barges and HIgh Water UGHHHHHHHH Now that was scary LOL If that thing cleared by an inch it was lucky I was Scared Sh__less i thought it was going to rip down the entire canopy Take CARe God Bless LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sat Fishing

I'm pretty carefull now, and know the lake height every time I go out in the spring and I knpw my canopy height.

I don't plan to loose another canopy to that bridge, it can be real close sometimes and you have to be on tjhe right side of te channel going in andout when it's tight.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

You think that's tight??????? trying going under the bridge in the Squam Channel with Sampson's Barges and HIgh Water UGHHHHHHHH Now that was scary LOL If that thing cleared by an inch it was lucky I was Scared Sh__less i thought it was going to rip down the entire canopy Take CARe God Bless LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sat Fishing

One more thing on the subject, when I lost the first canopy, I had the new one buoilt 8" lower measured at the lakes full depth, but on occaision the Lake gets higher and its tight.

That's why I needed that Dam and Lake hieght link I lost, luckily Craig saved it.

John S.

Replying to:

I'm pretty carefull now, and know the lake height every time I go out in the spring and I knpw my canopy height.

I don't plan to loose another canopy to that bridge, it can be real close sometimes and you have to be on tjhe right side of te channel going in andout when it's tight.

John S.

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sat Fishing

Or me to stand on the front of the barge and lower the front end an inch or so LMAO So that's why you invite me fishing LMAO "Just Kidding" LOL went by there yesterday still "Alot" of ice on both little squam and big squam UGHHHHHHH Looks like its gonna be awhile before i get another chance at my monster LOL Take Care God Bless LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sat Fishing

i think if i can get you two up on the bow we can make it under the bridge at wolfeboro no problem. LOL

Re: Sat Fishing

I did that on tuesday with no luck. There was plenty of room but no fish. I wen to opeechee this morning and caught a couple nice salmon.

Re: Re: Sat Fishing

Well, got up later than I wanted to, but I did make it up to winni. Had to chip some ice to get my boat out past the boat ramp. Small price to pay to get the boat in. Great day on the water only 3 boats out in the small space we had to work with. Fished for 3hrs only one hit on live bait. Everyone, else I talked to had a slow day as well. Maybe I should have gone to the meeting last week. Owell, still it was great to be on the water.
Dan

Did the town end up clearing the ramp? Is it workable?