Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: THE PHOTO CONTEST

As my mother used to say...rules are meant to be broken

Rules

Below is the post containing rules from Adrien... I would think that since the fishlakewinni logo never became available to purchase on the website and since no "free downloadable" logo was designed that we should still follow the "any entry up to this point" rule.

By reading the rules, the only pic not eligible is Waynes, as it is of a bass, not the intended pursuit of trout/salmon. Sorry, Wayne.

Just my thought... but here's the original post I found via site search.

"Fishlakewinni.com Photo Contest. (For Fishing Photos only)
This is not a fishing contest, it is a photo contest.

Entry open to all Fishlakewinni.com lookers for free.

This is not a fishing contest!!! Fish size has no specific effect on a winner!

Pictures are Limited to Lake Trout, Rainbow Trout and Landlocked Atlantic Salmon, and the act of fishing for such species. (not river broodstock or wild atlantics)

Fish must be from New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Maine Only, this is to include as many fishlakewinni members as possible without getting too far from the point.

Pictures will be sent to www.photobucket.com
user name is fishlakewinni and password is salmon.

you have to put your own pictures up from your own computer this will be the easiest and fastest way for them to be loaded.

At seasons end members of the fishlakewinni.com community will vote on the best pictures of the season.

Prizes will most likely be awarded as tackle prizes (yet to be determined)

For pictures to be accepted there must be a visible and official fishlakewinni.com logo somewhere in the picture. Items accepted include the round 4" logo stickers passed out in previous years, the fishlakewinni.com fish ruler, a fishlakewinni.com shirt or hat. These items are available for sale from the website and more will be available very soon.

As of this moment pictures will be accepted and considered for the contest even if there is no fishlakewinni.com logo in them. We don't have all the new items printed up yet. In another month or so when the flags and hats are available it will then be required for entry. This is for promotional advertising purposes, Not just selling stuff. We may make up a logo that can be printed and laminated off a computer and that will count as a logo pic."

Re: Rules

As far as my vote:

In order... #10, #9 and #7

Re: Re: Rules

My vote in order..#10, #6 and #1.

My wife and I are still arguing over which ones to pick ....all are winners!

Re: Re: Re: Rules

My vote is

#1.is frist

#10.is second

#4.is third.

but they are all winners even the Bass

Re: Re: Re: Rules

I vote #10 #6 and #1

Cool Water

Re: Re: THE PHOTO CONTEST

1st place = #1
2nd place = #9
3rd place = #8

THE RULES QUESTION

We completely scrapped the whole logo idea in the early stages of the contest because we didn't have logos available for people to get their hands on. The rules were relaxed to basically none. It was posted as such after lengthy discussion.

In the beginning this was supposed to be a big contest with big prizes and an entry fee to cover the prize payout, the number of people didn't seem receptive to the idea so it was cut to throw your pictures up and have a vote and the prize is coming out of MY POCKET.

We need closure to the project this year and maybe we can do a better and more organized job next year.

My Vote Is

My vote is:

1st: #10
2nd: #1
3rd: #6

Charlie

Re: THE RULES QUESTION

how did the ones that displayed them get thiers then?
I even have one. my vote #7 for first #10 for second
all the rest Honorable Mention though all are great photos

Re: THE PHOTO CONTEST

Number 1----10

Number 2-----7

Number 3-----1

Charlies Charters

#1 - 10 , #2- 7 , #3 - 1 "reel it in"

Re: Re: Re: THE PHOTO CONTEST

first #1

2nd #8

3rd #6

that is my vote. great pics, love to see pics on the site. Good job!

I have to agree with Forry and it ws also supposed to be fish or fish related, so sunrises can be a question, etc.

However I have no problem bending the rules, they were all super photos I give them all a #1, dig a little deeper into those deep pockets Adrein--give em all a prize.

If I have to vote for 1 it would be #1, followed by all of the Sunrise photos which I feel should definatly be part of the contest next time. But I choose #1 as my overall favorite "last Rainbow of the season".

Big John

Big John

I would have to pick the following.

First...#1
Second...#8
Third...#4(just because it is at Squam)

All are wonderful photos of the lasting memories of a fine season. Just looking at them brings back the sunrises of the past during the 07 season on New Hampshires finest lakes.

Thanks to this site and all the wonderful fishierman on it I have been inspired to revisit the sport that my dad introduced me to in 1968 when I was just a little boy. The kids are the future of this sport so introduce as many as you can and have fun doing it!

Here is to the 2008 season yet to come.

Roger-

My vote for the picture contest in order; 10-8-7. Outstanding pictures. Makes me want spring even more. Straight lines to all.
Tom

1st._#1 2nd #7 3rd. #8 I think these three pics are what it's all about [If you Fish/Hunt with your kids you won't have to Hunt for them.

My picks for pics are:
1st..#10
2nd..#9
3rd..#2
Thanks Adrien for the contest. Brings a little more interest to the site during a somewhat dull time.
Cal

Whether there is Something that says Fishlakewinni.com or not (Who cares really LOL) we pretty much all know who visits the site quite regularly anyhow!!!!!!!! My vote goes 1st-#10, 2nd-#1, 3rd-#6 Take Care God Bless LOL Dave who's sitting here laughing cause something like this (Sticker or not UGHHHHHHHHH) always seems to get thrown in there UGHhhhhhhhhhh I love this website and I don't even have a sticker yet LMAO

Re: Re: Re: Re: THE PHOTO CONTEST

Stickers or no stickers I vote 10,9,1 in that order.
Just a little over 2 months for the opener folks...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: THE PHOTO CONTEST

10, 9, 1

Thanks Yo for running the contest.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: THE PHOTO CONTEST

My votes..
1st-7
2nd-1
3rd-6

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: THE PHOTO CONTEST

With only three votes, I have got to go with #1, 7 and #2...
the smiles hit the soft spot.. but you've got to love the sunrise...aside from the occasional fish, why else do we hustle so to get out there "pre-dawn"... that one could be a "screen saver".

Nice job (& a lot of fun !!)...Looking forward to the 30th & then the 1st (or soon thereafter) !!

1st #6
2nd #8
3rd #1

My vote is

1st - #8 Polebreakers Son

2nd - #1 Bill with last bow

3rd - #7 Zack

Got to stick with the kids,but keep those great pictures coming.polebreaker
1st#1
2nd#7
3rd#8

Great shots! Won't be long before we start taking more great ones in '08!
1st: #1
2nd: #8
3rd: #10

Re: Re: Re: Re: THE PHOTO CONTEST

Super pics. Thanks Adrien 1st=1, 2nd=5 and 3rd=7
Doc

you MUST vote for 3 if you want your vote to count

Anybody that wants their vote to count MUST vote for 3 photos, the scoring system is point based by rank, if there are not 3 votes it won't work.

Re: you MUST vote for 3 if you want your vote to count

Good thing the US Government don't operate like you. Poor kid just lost a vote as I only voted for 1, hope he dont loose by 1..

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Anybody that wants their vote to count MUST vote for 3 photos, the scoring system is point based by rank, if there are not 3 votes it won't work.

Re: Re: you MUST vote for 3 if you want your vote to count

After thinking about it, I don't want to be the guy that screwed some poor kid out of winning because of a rule. And it looks like he's doing pretty good so far, so my "3" votes are:
1 for 1st (great photo)
2 for 2nd
3 for 3rd

John S.

Replying to:

Good thing the US Government don't operate like you. Poor kid just lost a vote as I only voted for 1, hope he dont loose by 1..

John S.

Replying to:

first #4 second #8 third #9

I am partial to pic #10, then #8, and then #6. Best of luck to all! Catch you later.

1st # 7, 2nd #10, 3rd #8.

Salty

1st 1
2nd 8
3rd 6

Picture vote for number 10, 8, and 6. In that order.

I vote
1st #10
2nd #8
3rd #6

All good and #1, #4, #9 tops.

I vote for number 10 first.
Number three second.
Number five third.

Best of luck to everyone else.