Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Wintertime fishing story for fathers and sons everywhere

Having just lost my mother..(3 weeks ago)..This story made me think of her...funny when i was younger she used to pack sandwhiches and soda..then as an adult it went to cheese crackers .& Beer...thanks for the memories mom

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wintertime fishing story for fathers and sons everywhere

You can't ask for better memories than that. What a tear jerker indeed. thanks for sharing.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wintertime fishing story for fathers and sons everywhere

Thanks for sharing...I tried to read it to my wife , but she had to finish reading it as I couldn't finish reading it out loud to her.
You have just shared a glimpse at why this stuff is so important to all of us!

Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wintertime fishing story for fathers and sons everywhere

Wow.....great story. I too have many memories of similar days.I remember last year out on the water with my young grandson fishing and his mother calling and asking what we were doing and I said "building memories". Thanks for the story and I hope someday one of my sons or grandsons look back at the times we have had with the same thoughts. Fishing in so many ways is so spiritual. Staight lines to all.

Tom

Re: Wintertime fishing story for fathers and sons everywhere

Wow Speechless! Great story hit home for this kid!!!!

Cool Water

Re: Re: Wintertime fishing story for fathers and sons everywhere

Link,

Give me a shout 603-455-0268

Trav

Re: Re: Re: Wintertime fishing story for fathers and sons everywhere

WOW, thanks for sharing that story with us! I would trade anything for a few more minutes with my Dad, enjoy them while you have them...

Wow, great story, thanks for sharing it with us.

Great story, I spend a lot time on the lake with my kids, I hope it means as much to them as it does to me. Thanks for sharing.

Link,

Your words speak of a wonderful relationship between you and your father. It brings back many wonderful memories.

As young boys we don't have the wisdom to appreciate those special times we spent with them and we don't understand the messages that they passed down until sometime later in life. We become older and wiser and find ourselves sharing those same moments with our own children.

You warmed my heart tonight and caused me stop to think back about those special moments in my life that I too shared with my dad.

Thanks,

Roger-

Hey there Link, as was said by the others Thanks for bringing a tear to my eye, as I was reading it I could remember all the wonderful times of fishing up on 1st Conn. Lake with my dear old Grandpa. and also thinking of all the times my daughter has been out fishing with me and hoping she remembers and treasures those times long after I'm gone, Big old dumb frenchman still wiping his cheek Thanks for the Bringing back some of the best memories of my "Life" Take Care God Bless LOL Dave From up North

This is a wonderful, heartfelt story. My son & I had many a memorable fishing trip to Squam Lake as he grew up. I was most touched by the lines, "my father and I could talk without ever having to say a word". Only fathers and sons can possibly understand the meaning of that. Wonderful sentiment.

Yup, nuff said. Life is truly 2 short, never enough time to smell the smell the roses let alone tie on a huge landlock fatty. Thanks muchly for sharing, touched me like all, and hopefully like all sparked memories of time past as well as possibilities of presents and futures. Tight lines all, and thanks again!