Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Largest Salmon?

Just wondering if anyone knows what's the largest salmon taken outta winni is??

Re: Largest Salmon?

The largest I recall hearing about was a 32" 8+ pounder caught in 2006.

Re: Re: Largest Salmon?

good question.... man I think of some of the monsters pulled through the ice (either on a jig rod or on a tip-up) but of course you can't remove them from the hole to measure. Ironically those same fish are MIA once open water comes along. haha. I kindof want to look it up now.... hmmm... I wouldn't be surprised though if I have hooked some through the ice that were bigger than 8lbs.

Don't know about Winni, but State record is out of Pleasant Lake, New London at 18.8 pounds, 36" long. John V. at F&G could tell you Winni record probably

Re: Re: Largest Salmon?

In MA, the 2007 record was a 21 lb broodstock salmon caught in Cliff "pond" in Brewster MA!
Big John, do you know where that honey hole is?
Richard

Re: Re: Re: Largest Salmon?

Too cold in the Spring for me to be on the Cape, water blows in off the cold watert. I don't fish in Mass at all anymore anyhow.

Big John

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

In MA, the 2007 record was a 21 lb broodstock salmon caught in Cliff "pond" in Brewster MA!
Big John, do you know where that honey hole is?
Richard

Re: Re: Re: Re: Largest Salmon?

The son of one of my dealers in MA caught a 16 lb. salmon on that same pond a few weeks ago. The pictures was unbelievable.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Largest Salmon?

well post the picture tackleman You know we LOVE pictures of big fish LMAO Take Care God Bless LOL Dave From up NOrth

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Largest Salmon?

He showed me the picture and didn't email it to me. sorry. It would have really made you drool.

Mario DeCarolis caught one in Lake Winni 7 pounds 15 oz several years ago which is mounted on his wall. But I don't know if that is a Lake Winni record.

Hal