Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lots of Fun

It was a great derby. Lots of fish, great weather, great conversations on the radio....Missed the crew at the camp, but it will be up and running next year. Place looks big enough to sleep 20......Bro, I'll make the chili next year.....Adrien, I missed yakin' with your dad.......Kinda quite in my boat for 15 hours a day, but got to refleck on all that has gone on this year, and got to pray to the salmon gods out loud.
I ended up with 26 salmon, 2 lakers, 5 salmon at 22, one at 22.5-3.34 lbs....
Got talked into fishing hardware Friday morning, (don't know why...) This was after letting out the first line of the day at 420, only to have it ripped out of my hand while setting it to the rigger. Didn't mind the hardware, but felt back in my element late in the day when i put on a couple of jacks. Sunday, most of the time dead after the first hour, was hot for me, and for bigger salmon. Caught 3 that were over 3 lbs....
Almost got talked into using a leadcore set up, (Roland/Lena) or better yet even to buy one, but gave that idea up, so i put out wire, dipsey, a hot flasher from Idaho, and a hot fly on 4 lb floro....
It was out 10 minutes and got the fly ripped off, did not have any 8lb in the boat, so that set up got put-up....
Best time was yaking at everyone, Seeing different boats, and hitting doubles 2 mornings in a row at 445. Lots of fun going into the wind solo, and having to feed 2 different reels line at the same time, you want to talk about a chinese fire drill......
And yes John, I finally got off Sandy!!!!
Thanks for the fun and memories all.

Travis, got to have a fall clasic......I think it would be awesome & fun.....10$ each, limit it to 200 fishermen, (fisherwomen) and a blow out cookout at the end of the day......

Popeye

Re: Lots of Fun

Hmmm if it happens...I'm in

Re: Re: Lots of Fun

I'd be in for that. "reel it in"