Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HELP!! 1993 Johnson trouble

That's what I was told. So I changed the plugs and nothing has changed. Could I have blown a new plug right after I put it in? If so, what should I do?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HELP!! 1993 Johnson trouble

Joe: To check spark,get a tester at a auto parts store,Napa, Robbins etc.Only a couple bucks.Take plug wire off a plug and insert one end of tester into it.Put other end of tester onto spark plug.Tester has a clear part that will flash every time spark goes from coil to plug.Motor will run with tester,just be sure it,s either in the water or on a hose.If all plugs are getting good spark,take plugs out and check for worn electrodes or fouling.I,m not a mechanic either,but hope this helps ya. Cal P.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

It's definitely not the fuel or the fuel line. The vent is fine also. I'm not an engine man by any means. How do I check the spark? Explain about the coil or power pack if you would please.

Re: HELP!! 1993 Johnson trouble

The plug problem is with the wires. When you throtle up the current goes out to ground. Slower speeds are less current and it runs fine. Put it on a hose and run it after dark in your back yard. You'll see blue sparks on the wire, change that one.