Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lake Ontario

Lena and I got back Monday evening after fishing for 10 days. The fishing was not as productive as in the last years, but the size of the Kings were bigger. My brother was with us for 3.5 days and we had another friend (Yank N Crank)for another 2.5 days. We did miss many fish this year, some was due to learning and many others just came off. The first 3-4 day was extremely slow up in Oswego, so we decided to fish a couple of days in Mexico(always wanted to learn some of that area). Throughout our days fishing some days were active and other parts of the day dead. The fishing was not as consistant as we have seen in the past, talking to charters its been a very poor summer for Kings in the area.
Throughout our days fishing we ended up with 29 Kings in the boat, we have had years with over 50 in the same amount of time. This year we did miss more than we put in the boat. This was a good time to spend with my brother, and then with a friend. The fishing was slower but the comraderity was great, along with a few King salmon "JIGS". The Kings averaged approximately 25 lbs. The 1st fish was just shy of 30 lbs and the last fish was registered last day at 30.9 lbs. other fish were at 28.5 and several at 26 lbs. We only caught one fish at 10lbs, so not sure where next years fish are.
Good talking to some of the NH guys. Popeye last year everytime I called you hooked up this year everytime you called we hooked-up, can't wait till next year.
Our last couple of days showed signs of the fish coming into Oswego more than they had been. Here are a few pictures.
Photobucket
Roland's brother
Photobucket
Friend
Photobucket
Photobucket
Good Luck if you go out. Bow season awaits
Roland and Lena

Re: Lake Ontario

I still am amazed how fresh the kings are by the silver and only a few look dark. Roland what was the hot set up for you and your crew this year??

Charlie

Re: Re: Lake Ontario

Great post Roland and NICE FISH ! Cal P.

Re: Re: Lake Ontario

White paddle with a white fly on the down rigger set at 55 feet and Green/white paddle and a white fly on the dipsy wire set at 3, and 180 feet of wire. Not really consistant but thats what took most of our fish. Next best was a green paddle with a hammer fly. Good luck.

Re: Re: Re: Lake Ontario

Roland,
Nice job! At least you guys got to fish! We went in mid August and got blown off nearly everyday. We ended up fishing the Finger Lakes as an alternate choice. These lakes are also excellent fisheries!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lake Ontario

Nice report Roland/Lena. I sent you some pictures yesterday.
It was fun yaking with you all week, guess I owed you on the phone for fish method.....And Rick/Craig & polebreaker.

My Idaho special finally worked, last fish when we hit doubles...

In all great trip, like you said, slower than last year, fish were scattered, but bigger....
I'm still lame.....

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lake Ontario

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lake Ontario popeye here ya go

Photobucket

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lake Ontario popeye here ya go

thanks Charlie......

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lake Ontario popeye here ya go

No Problem, use the HTML code from photobucket.

C.C.