Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
giant laker

Check out Ice Shanty.com - NH Forum - laker: to see pics of the 24 lb 12 oz laker caught ice fishing in NH last week.

Re: giant laker

AJ'S Bait and tackle has a trace out of the fish above the bait tanks.

C.C.

Re: Re: giant laker

OK so what lake is it from??????? Is that how much That fish caught on the cool water grew in a year???? That thing is a BEAST And caught on a jig pole even more exciting Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

Re: Re: Re: giant laker

The rumor mill has it coming outta Nubi. Fished it yesterday, couple of flags but nothing like that!

Re: Re: Re: Re: giant laker

Looks like the same laker they netted last fall at Nubi. Check out the tail.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: giant laker

iam with u mac i have both pictures and they look the same from head to tail something smells fishy (no pun intended)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: giant laker

I'M WITH YOU GUY'S THAT THE SAME FISH.THAT FISH LOOKS A LITTLE DRY FOR BEING CAUGHT THAT DAY.IF I'M WRONG THEN SORRY.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: giant laker

Here's a picture of the fish on the ice. I suppose he faked the blood and everything as well. Why can't people just be happy for a fellow angler and not be such conspiracy theorists???

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: giant laker

How is it one was estimated at 49 lbs and the other is actually 24+ lbs, LOL.
Weight loss program? Hard to believe there are a bunch that size with the same tail features swimming around our lakes.

Even if it isn't 49 lb state record. It certainly is a fish of a lifetime. I know Dana personally and fish with him frequently. The story of him fishing that day is pretty funny to. At least from my perspective.
The short version. I knew he was fishing a certain lake. I called to see how he was doing. He laughed and said terrible. He had a bunch of fish come in on his vex but nothing was hitting. His heater wouldn't start (too cold). He had to keep the bottle under his jacket until it would finally light. He said it was to cold to move so he was staying where he was. normally he would have moved. I said good luck and I hope the bite picks up. An hour later he called me back to tell me he got a 25lber. He had had a couple hits but couldn't stick the fish on his rod so he switched over to his jig stick. As he was letting it out he noticed a mark half way down, so he stopped and worked it. the fish followed but wouldn't hit. He figured it was just another fish that wasn't going to hit and proceeded to drop his jig to the bottom. Then his line went slack and the bad boy was hooked up. Half hour later he pulled him thru the hole.
That is all there is to it. If you know Dana you know he fishes hard and has always wanted a NH laker over 20lbs. I thought he was crazy and he has now made a believer out of me.
Fish of a life time. Congrates Dana you deserve it.

Spike

Your are correct Spike a fish of a life time. Congratulations!

Captn Spike,
I agree with you 100%, It is a fish of a lifetime and no one should think this guy didn't catch it.
Who's to say it is the same fish or not either way hats off to Dana!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: giant laker

Way to go. That is really a bruiser. Would have been cool take some high quality pictures for a mount and then release it to blow someone elses mind....Oh well.

Looks like monster of Nubi, "Half-Tale" will no longer strike fear in anglers beleiving they hook bottom and then get their line snapped and say "What was that?" Not anymore. On the bright side, "Half-Tale" was the runt of the litter.... I hear his cousin.....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: giant laker

The fish and game laker wasn't estimated at 49 lbs. They guessed it may be over 30 and they released it. To be honest, it does have similar markings if you look hard enough. It could be the same fish. F&G released theirs. This guy could have caught the same one. So what if he did? Nice work

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: giant laker

Wouldn't be the first time the same fish was caught twice, or more. Salty caught the sane fish twice within less than a 1/2 hour. Not sure if it was actually Salty, but his boat caught it, I saw it.

It was the same fish because he lost it on a tandem fly, tail end fly was gone, a few minutes later a fish was caught with the same fly and the missing 1/2 of the fly was in his lip.

Someone said it was fishy, well it was a fish.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

The fish and game laker wasn't estimated at 49 lbs. They guessed it may be over 30 and they released it. To be honest, it does have similar markings if you look hard enough. It could be the same fish. F&G released theirs. This guy could have caught the same one. So what if he did? Nice work

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: giant laker

Not sure if it's accurate or not (I would imagine it is as they get their info for the report from A.J.'s) but if you check out the Kittery Trading Post fishing report for this week it Identifies the lake this fish was caught in. Now I really do think it may be an example of the same fish caught twice. Take Care God Bless LOL Dave P.S. I too looked at the pics pretty closely and though I've seen many similarities Im still not 100% certain it is the same identical fish?? Either way All i can say is Congrat's buddy that is one He__ of a fish through a hole in the ice with a jig rod WOW I can't even imagine.