Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Sebago Lake Derby

I fished it as well with a buddy. Our 1st time on the lake. I got 4 lakers and he got two. We both got a 25 incher. They weighed 4 lbs 9 oz and 4lbs 10 oz. The others were anywhere from 2-3 1/2lb. The two biggest were caught on 10 inch live suckers. Dead smelt on the bottom amd a couple jigged made up the rest. Total lack of respect by people whizzing by our traps with a foot in some cases. This happened ALL DAY LONG. People didn't care. Tried waving people over or around to no avail. Awful. I won't be back

Re: Re: Re: Sebago Lake Derby

there was a picture of the 18# laker on the maine thread on ice shanty.com. i think they said it was about a 16 inch salmon they took from its gut! the biologist found it while studying the fish at weigh in.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sebago Lake Derby

Hey Joe G. just to let ya know It is nothing like that during trolling season, We've had times out there trolling when there was only 5-6 other boats around us Take Care God Bless and Don't let some idiots ruin a great lake for ya LOL Dave

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sebago Lake Derby

after the first few weeks of iceout it thins out alot, everyone wants to be infront of the songo at that time, by june most of the local boats are after stripers and the lake is all yours. even at iceout, 30 to 40 trollers max and no pleasure boaters or skiers. by june a dozen or so trollers spread out over the lake, pretty peaceful. dont come up during the poker run later in the year. where joe fished its full of rifraf, too many drunk camps just north of where he put in. the west side is always quiet