(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: replacing rotting boat floor

Photobucket
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A good description of mainePlywood stuff that you need to know.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gus
Photobucket

Re: Re: replacing rotting boat floor

I used teak marine plywood from a dealer in cambridge mass.It was very expensive,100.00+ per 4x8 sheet,also very heavy 2 persons to carry 1 sheet.Don't forget the stainless steel screws.polebreaker

Re: Re: Re: replacing rotting boat floor

This would be the perfect time to remove that ugly crimson carpet and lay down some nice clean vynal.polebreaker

Re: Re: Re: Re: replacing rotting boat floor

If it's a Lund wouldn't it have a life time warranty on the floor? Are you the original owner? I believe I have a life time on the floor of My 2003 Lund and all of the wood on the boat.I'm going to look tonight and see what the manual says. If anyone know please let me know

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: replacing rotting boat floor

it's a 93/94 and i'm second owner. let me know if you find anything out about it.

anyone think i can just cut out a piece...or is that
a bad solution??

if you take out the whole floor, which means, i guess, that you have to remove the consoles and wells and storage up in the bow, can that be done without having to do too much with the wiring?? or does everything have to come out of the boat??

Dave, what are the pros and cons for vinyl vs. carpet? thanks.

good info gus.

thanks for the link

Re: Re: Re: replacing rotting boat floor

When painted with fish guts and blood no stink or mess left over

Mine is a cuddy cabin,it required removing the sides and the floor ended at the cuddy.The floor was in three sections,I'll bet yours is in sections as well and may not have to be totally replaced.polebreaker

Just like Polebreaker, we replaced the entire floor on the "Tubb" before last season, Granted it took about a week/week and half for us to do, but we were only working on it at night. The nice thing about the vinyl is after a hard day of fishing (i.e. blood, slime, mudd from your boots, sand from a beach etc...) you take a brush with soapy water scrub her up good, rinse with a hose and Finished, we put the raised dots vinyl from Cabelas, and it came out great!!!!!! and is not slippery even when wet. Also we didn't have to deal with taking any of the wires off or out of the way either. If you have a couple of buddies that are good with measuring, etc... you could pull this off in a weekend or two it's not as bad as it looks Take Care God Bless LOL Dave Who's getting antsy to get out in the boat LOL

thanks

only way to find out is to start, i guess.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: replacing rotting boat floor

Thats the spirit....go and get her DONE(LOL)polebreaker

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: replacing rotting boat floor

Floydo Vinyl is the way to go that is the only thing I don't like about the new boat. I have carpet all across the back and when I'm at Lake Ontario and get the fish in the boat I have to clean right away or it will smell in about a week after I get home then my little one whines at me for the smell so I'm going to buy a pc of vinyl and put it over the back to keep the fish slim from getting on the carpet.when the carpet gets old the vinyl is going in and the carpet is coming out.But I will ask my dealer about the floor guarantee. I need to call him this week any way I will let you know

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: replacing rotting boat floor

Floydo I looked at my floor warranty for my Lund and it is for the original owner and it goes like this years 1,2 =100% then it drops 10% every year(Me 10% there responsible for 90% and so on) for the next 8 years then it's done. And I thought it was a life time warranty(I'm a big dummy LOL)).So let me know how hard it is to replace the floor So I know what I'm up against.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: replacing rotting boat floor

I got the teak marine plywood because I only wanted to do it once(LOL).I would do it again not that difficult.polebreaker

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: replacing rotting boat floor

We couldn't afford the teak LOL but we ended up buying the new stuff they use on houses (it's green on one side and looks like graphite of some sort) we then painted it (like 4 coats) of a very good paint to keep the moisture away from the wood, then wrapped it in light plastic covering to protect it even more. It looked alot harder than it was and it came out great. We were very happy with it afterwards Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: replacing rotting boat floor

Is it possible to just put another floor on top of the present floor?
Yes, it will be more weight, but this is not a racing boat!!!

Louis