Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Grey Ghost....avitar

Yes, the avatar is from the picture that you took last year.

You can make an Avatar from a picture or cartoon, I believe the only restriction is the size, 100x100 pixels. Mine is 100x76 pixels. Upload to Photobucket the Avatar that you are going to use and then paste the URL into the posting form.

I use Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP, Image Resizer http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx too resize photos.

How to post pictures in the NEW FORUM which is different than the old way. Pictures must use BB codes which can be found in http://www.bbcode.org/reference.php

To post a picture on the forum follow these steps:
1. Go to http://photobucket.com This is a free website!
2. Sign In If you are a new member create a username and password
3. Before you choose the file you wish to upload choose the size 640 x 480 this size seems to work best.
4. Click on CHOOSE FILES to start uploading
5. Click on the picture you wish to upload and then click open.
6. After upload is complete you should see the picture in photobucket. Under the picture there will be an Direct Link. Highlight this code, right click on the highlight and choose copy.
7. Open the forum thread you wish to place the picture in and paste the CODE in your post. To do this, right click where you would like to paste the link, and choose paste. Now type the BB code for the picture sizing 460x320. This is a size that the forum can handle.
8. When you are done writing your post, choose PREVIEW MESSAGE, and you should be able to see the picture in your post.

Please Bookmark this post for the instructions.

Having major problems!!!!!!!

I can not reply to any of the posts, I can not find the reply button.

Thanks Grey Ghost I will attempt to post an avitar with your instructions

I guess all you have to do is hit the STart a new Thread link and it replies in that thread......strange

There is a Reply and Quote button in the upper right corner of the post.

Test picture

That was not coming up on my screen a couple of hours ago but it is now.

1st try

Worked!!!

Thanks Grey ghost

Gus I can't get my avatar to come up here is the picture can you help me? Thanks Erin it's 100x 75 size

erbyjoe
Gus I can't get my avatar to come up here is the picture can you help me? Thanks Erin it's 100x 75 size

Erin,

It looks like the forum is now back to using HTML code like before. So, either use the Photobucket HTML Code or < img src="--------">, no space between the < and img, to post pictures in the message board. For AVATAR use the URL with out any code.

Test Picture from Photobucket
Photobucket

Gus
Photobucket

Thanks Gus all set you the man!!!

Photobucket