Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sunday on the Barge

Fished with Floydo and Forry, Russ Johnson still under the weather, cancelled out.

Up at 2:30 to make it to the Lake for 1st light, should have stayed in bed. Slow early bite, more misses than fish in the boat, one felt good but got off ??

Moved down the Lake, picked up a short, got to our honey hole, immediatley got a double (allmost a triple) and 2 other fish, one florry (new word) of action, the rest of the day slooooooow. Floydo got a beauty of a Bow, 20", Forry got a Salmon about the same size, a jumper, all mine were short, except the one that got away, lol.

2 or 3 colors, all on lead core off the boards, flys were useless for us today, other hot colors no good as well, but they sure liked the Little Warrior hot glow stuff, Shark pattern was best, allmost all white.

Oh, did I mention, the Lake was flat all day, but it did pick up a good chop late afternoon, didn't help the bite much though.

Most guys we spoke had a slow day, except Cool Water, he had a ton of misses but did well on Lakers. We tried the Laker thing, nothing, Cal Preston tried it too and got a beauty of Salmon at 35 feet, his best one this year.

Had allot of laughs, good cheese and crackers, no wine.

Think I'll wait for a nasty, rainy day before I hit the pond again.

Big John