Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Slow bite and the dreaded Spring lake turnover

john didn,t say no fish would be caught he said not many fish very slow

Those are midges I'm told and when they are on them, the bite is also slow. Your Salmon ws lost, it was supposed to be a Laker,lol. You had a good day, good job bud..

Big John

ok , with what you have said on the slow bite scenario..at what point do you feel we are at now ? do you see this as lasting much longer ? what will be the breaking point of this situation ? you stated wind earlier ?? please help me understand .
thanks

lunkerhunter
ok , with what you have said on the slow bite scenario..at what point do you feel we are at now ? do you see this as lasting much longer ? what will be the breaking point of this situation ? you stated wind earlier ?? please help me understand .
thanks

I guess you are directing your question to me, I only wrote what I read. I don't have a clue where we are in the turnover, I guess when they start biting real good or normal we are through with it.

Seeing allot of junk in the water, old leaves, branches, logs and general debris, are a good indication that the turn over has begun. How long it takes is anyones guess, but fishing has been slow on The Barge for a few weeks so I'm going to assume (hope) that we are about done with it.

Big John