Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: For Sale: Single Otter Boat and Single Big Jon Otter Boat Mast

**** you fishRman! lol, If only it was a few days ago. I just went out and bought the dual setup with otter boats. I wanted the single but figured if I am going to spend that much money I might as well go for both. Got the boats and the mast as a combo deal so not too bad of a price. How do the otter boats ride in rough water? I got them as I am hoping to use them for Salmon but also use them for Striped Bass on the Cheasapeake Bay. Here we pull big umbrella rigs and they really put some strain on the boats. Most guys make their own three board planers. Smaller ones seems to get dragged back behind the boat or under water if its rough.

WBF, The otter boats work great even in rough water. I can not speak as to how they handle umbrella rigs as I have never dragged any behind them before. I would think that it would be a matter of using an appropriate release with them. I have never dragged anything besides salmon lures behind them. I have put about 6 or 7 colors of leadcore out and stuck it out there without any issues.

Anyway the otter boat and mast was SOLD! last night. Thanks Wayne! Good luck with it.

Thanks for the response, I mostly will be dragging Salmon lures behind them also, maybe 5 or 6 times with the Umbrellas. I don't really like fishing the umbrellas as you have so much weight in gear that unless you get a huge fish its like dragging in a log!
If you see a blue Lund Tyee with a grey top and PA registration say hi.

WBF, Thats funny I have a 1986 Blue Lund Tyee 4.9 with a Doo Doo Brown top. I love that boat! I put honda outboards on it and its the best.

I have a Honda 115 and a Honda 9.9 Kicker. Can't beat it. I wouldn't mind a 150 but I am not complaining. Here is a pic of mine. I have to resize the pictures but you get the idea.
Photobucket

Photobucket