Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tom Osborne calling John Sampson

Well I HAVE GOOD NEWS AND BAD. The bite was much better, but all shorts. Try smaller flies (like real small)and fish the upper 10 feet of water, we did that yesterday and we got into better fish pretty good, Bows and Salmon. Seems there is a Midges hatch going on, so try to match the hatch.

We (Russ Johnson and I) were surprised the rain and good chop didn't bring on a better bite, caught a few but not much happend to brag about til we put on the small flies, then 2 nice Bows and a real nice Salmon, all about 18 19 inches, released right away, did not measure, missed several other heavy fish.. We used very small Maynard's tied special by Alan at AJ's, I'll have to dig in to my seldom used small fly inventory.

I did bag a nice Turkey on the way up, ran right out in front of me on 93, rain and 65 mph, couldn't do much to avoid it. Will need a new hood and grill, could have been worse, but he went right up and over the car. Did not stop, would have been more dangerous.

Looking to get out Saturday and again Thursday noonish or late morning (after I open my camp) if I can find partners, regular guys all busy.

Saw allot of boats coming up late yesterday afternoon ?

Big John