Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sunday Fishing Report

He's my buddy from college.Have you seen his place yet? It's a sweet deal. Right on the water. I've been fishing at his place for 28 years. We catch salmon right off his dock before dawn on shiners right up until July believe it or not. His uncle got a salmon over 5 lbs on a worm and bobber in June one year. Good luck

Thanks Joe, we will try that as well :-)

I am looking forward to it, his wife has been very nice. We were gonna leave my boat up there today to make transporting it easier and she said it wasnt a problem at all. We ultimately decided to tow it home and will bring it up on Wednesday.

-Scott

Check out the fat 24 in. bow on the wall. Probably between 6 and 7 lbs. We never weighed it. We caught it on a shiner right in front of his place.

We had a very good morning fishwise. We caught our share of 1 year old fish but also several really nice 3 year olds along with some lakers. 2 to 3 colors of lead and 9 to 15 feet on the riggers worked. Orange, yellow, and white all caught fish. Best lures were the guide specials in fuzzy orange, orange, and yellow along with topgun glow wonderbread and the Coolwater fly. Thanks again Tim and Kerri you guys did great setting lines netting fish and steering the boat in some pretty tuff condistions.

Glen

Luna C
We had a very good morning fishwise. We caught our share of 1 year old fish but also several really nice 3 year olds along with some lakers. 2 to 3 colors of lead and 9 to 15 feet on the riggers worked. Orange, yellow, and white all caught fish. Best lures were the guide specials in fuzzy orange, orange, and yellow along with topgun glow wonderbread and the Coolwater fly. Thanks again Tim and Kerri you guys did great setting lines netting fish and steering the boat in some pretty tuff condistions.

Glen

Maybe a typo or missprint, but those 1 year ols were actually 2 yr olds, the yearlings will not be put in Winni til after the Derby. Other Lakes, Squam etc. have allready got the 2009 stocking of Salmon, Winni, for obvious reasons, doesn't get the stocking til after the Derby.

Winni is chock full of "short" 2 year olds, they will take a beating during the Derby, I don't find them very easy to calm in the net. Good news is so far have only caught two that were hook wounded as babies and we have caught allot of them.

Big John

Indeed they are John, I meant fish that had been in the lake a year but yes they are actuly 2 year old fish. Thanks

Glen

Luna C
Indeed they are John, I meant fish that had been in the lake a year but yes they are actuly 2 year old fish. Thanks

And tons of them too. Not positive, but last year Winni did not get it's normal 20,000 or so Salmon, but maybe more like 30,000 plus. They are stocked by weight, not a number and last years yearlings were quite a bit smaller than normal coming out of the hatchery (water too cold or something) so the Lake still recieved it's normal allotment by weight.

That's allot of Salmon by number and it looks like a huge percentage survived and appear to be very healthy.

Have fun and good luck in the Derby.

Big John

I am Scott's fishing buddy and taught him everything he knows about fishing....except how to lose fish which he needs no lesson! I also would like to thank Craig and Adrien for a great day !

It was great fishing with you guys. I loved the verbal beatings that were given all morning! LMAO. Too funny.

LOL they never stop!! No one is safe when we start going at each other. We go from mom's, to fat jokes, to age, to the balding, etc....You name it we rag on each other about it, but its always in good fun.

We will do it again!
-Scott