Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The DERBY

As we do every year, we had a great time on the water! It could be snowing and we would still have a great time. There is nothing better then fishing 3 days straight all day.

Did pretty well Friday and Saturday putting good numbers in the boat each day and Sunday we struggled but my tilt/trim was touchy and I couldn't get her to plane so we stayed close in Meredith bay.

Smelt were the ticket for us and then we went to shiners when we ran out of smelt and the occasional go to guides special! We ran everything 3 colors up to surface.

We caught some good quality fish, every salmon fought harder then the salmon we have caught in previous years. It was awesome! A few skinny fish, released one that was 22 inches that was 2.5 on Saturday. I guess that would have gotten a decent prize for the day!

Each Salmon we brought to the weigh station was safely released from the dock to get bigger and fight again!

Friday I ended up right behind Roofy in third and got a rod/reel and my father got a rod and reel as well. Ended the derby in 5th overall, 4th last year... I'm going down I need to be moving in the opposite direction!!

Here are some pics:
My father with his rod winner!
Dad Gets 10th on day 1 Winni Derby 09
Me with a 3.3 pound salmon.
winni 2009
Dad releasing a nice one.
Released after the weigh in

We have about 20 minutes of video I am trying put into a short piece that I will try to put up soon!

Cody Dodds
Kool-Aid Charters
603-667-1651
Fish-Lake-Winni Charter Fleet

Re: The DERBY

Nice! Fourth and now fifth come on Cody you get it done!

Cool Water