Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rubber net feedback needed

Agree with all of the above. what a pain it was especially when I was fishing solo, to take all that time to 'fish' the hook out of the nylon net. ugh.

I had held off for 25 years until this year! I wish I had gone rubber a longtime ago.... like everyone said, no fish and no lure tangles to deal with!!!!!

it will also make you get better on your timing! You will quickly learn when to dip the net into the water to scoop that fish!

They are heavy, some more than others, but I find wiating til the fish is ready then scoop it out, do not hold the net in the water waiting for the fish to be close enough.

Cummings will make any size net and handle you want or need, check them out and they are very reasonable, maybe cheaper than some. As many of you know I go through allot of nets and keep spares. I have 3 nets now, regular net (a super net), big fish net and a spare back at the camp, all rubber, all custom made by Cummings, they also sell just the rubber net, just give them the net hoop size.

I'm surprised to see so many "killer" nets out there
still.

Caution: It takes a different netting style than old style nets, if you scoop it up and raise the net fast like the old nylon mesh ones, you will throw the fish over the other side of the boat, lol. They tend to be like a trampolene.

All the other pluses mentioned can't be ignored.

Big John