Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Squam Report

My pleasure Tom, I'm glad the Squam rock Gods were kind to you.

Fishing continued to be tough, early bite then sloooooooooooow, all day to get 1 or 2 more fish. Luckily a couple of nice fish were landed each day, except Monday, 1 hook wounded 3 year old, less than 3 pounds, 1 eye, we harvested it.

I have a few good photos of fish caught the next few days after you left, I'll send them to you.

See ya next year, maybe we can pick a better week for more action, but Squam can (and is) that way most of the time, maybe early June will be better.

Condition your Dad to get up earlier, the bite was over before we got on the Barge that day, lol.

Big John
(pooped from 5 days fishing, came home to get some rest)

We fished Big Squam on Sunday morning over by church island. We left the dock at 5:20 AM and started fishing about 5:40. I think we left the dock too late. We had one nice fish on early that we lost on the way in at 15' on the rigger. Orange and black dots BB Gun. After that nothing. We packed it in about 9:30 and headed for the dock for some swimming. Water is still a bit chilly for that. Saw you out in the same area early Big John. No radio on the boat to call you on. We were on the Maroon Boulton Fishing boat with the grey top and the honda outboards.

fishRman
We fished Big Squam on Sunday morning over by church island. We left the dock at 5:20 AM and started fishing about 5:40. I think we left the dock too late. We had one nice fish on early that we lost on the way in at 15' on the rigger. Orange and black dots BB Gun. After that nothing. We packed it in about 9:30 and headed for the dock for some swimming. Water is still a bit chilly for that. Saw you out in the same area early Big John. No radio on the boat to call you on. We were on the Maroon Boulton Fishing boat with the grey top and the honda outboards.

That's the way it is on Squam, allways has been, get em early or not at all. Once in a great while, they hit all day long, the only way to hit it right is to fish it hard and often and of course get lucky. We have a place there so our odds are increased quite a bit. Many times we made the wrong choice and fished the wrong spot at first light, you only get one shot at it, if you miss it, it's a long day,lol.

Big John