Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tue fishing

Fished with Salty and Bluefin, it was slow morning 5:30 to 11:00 no fish, it felt like it was going to be one of those days. At 11:00 Salty gets a rambunctious salmon that has a bad hook wound, half of jaw is gone, and he is going to the frying pan. Changed up 4 lures

I’m standing next to the rigger preparing a fly rod to put it away, suddenly the rigger goes off, the rod does not go up it goes down. Grabed the rod and now the fish is running under the boat and is tangled with the rigger wire. Raised the rigger and called for Salty to pull up the ball out of the water. Instead, it looked like the fish did not get wrapped around the wire. Salty passes the rod under the rigger boom to me and now the fish is free to fight, he swims to the port side and is racing the boat, so the battle goes on with the 5# salmon.

The day results was 3 salmon and a rainbow, my salmon 5#, 2 salmon for Salty one being 5#+ and Bluefin rainbow was 4.5#, the bite ended at 1:00. Did not get a lot of video of the exciting parts.

Salty's 5#+Salmon

Jack's 4.5# Rainbow

Gus's 5#Salmon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gus
Photobucket

Re: Tue fishing

Sweetttttttt pics and video!!!!!!!!! the last net job video almost looked like a Salty version ROFLMAO but I see Cal pulled it off and netted the fish LMAO Great Job guys thanks for sharing Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

3 awesome fish by 3 awesome RFP anglers.
Richard

LOL Dave
Sweetttttttt pics and video!!!!!!!!! the last net job video almost looked like a Salty version ROFLMAO but I see Cal pulled it off and netted the fish LMAO Great Job guys thanks for sharing Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

I wasn't even there Dave so can't take credit for those "Salty netting" attempts.
Don't know why Salty called out my name. Guess he just misses me when I'm not there. :>)
Cal

White Cap, The netting attempts on this trip was another member of the crew. I called out your name because I love you so much. The only fish I netted was Jack's beautiful rainbow. These three members of the "Fearsome foursome" had a very fun and peacefull day on the water. All of the fish were skilfully played to the net and landed. Not one of them was "horsed" to the boat. "lol" hehehehehehehehehehehehehheheheh.

Salty

Great looking fish guys. A day to remeber for sure!

Nice fish guys! I do tutorial charters at a discounted rate if you rfp's would like to take a netting course! LOL

NICE FISH !!

Thank's for the input Gus. I got it all hooked-up. Works great.

Mark

Real nice fish. Those don't come to often. I think I would have had a hard time not completely clearing the deck and stopping to really fight those.

You RFPs are restoring my faith!

Salty and good RFP company,

Great fish and excellent video coverage! After getting up exhausted to turkey hunt at 3 AM for the past 20 mornings, (fishing only in the evenings with little success), you guys are restoring my faith!

I recently heard the rumor from one "expert" that the fish catching has been bad because over the past decade we have trained so many competent anglers who are fishing on well-outfitted boats, who read this web site (and unabashedly, my book), that the fish are being hit so hard that we are out-fishing the larger salmon population, compared to 10-20 years ago when there were only 3-5 well out-fitted guides on the lake catching the big numbers. The other rumor was that something happened (disease?) to the 2-yr class fish. You prove in this post otherwise!

If you're on the water, I invite you to my wedding celebration on August 16 at the Bear island church at 11:30. We'll celebrate after at 140 bear. Come raise a glass to late but lasting love with us. There will be music, food (moose meat, cake, and drink) and even fish if you bring one to throw on the grill.

Warm wishes,

Hal