Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Same Fish

Yankee Native's wife here......last week when we fished Lake Champlain, a funny thing happened that Cal forgot to mention to you folks. Trolling out in front of Burlington we caught a number of Lakers. I reeled one in that had only one eye.......the right one was missing. We both felt if we were planning to keep ANY fish from the trip, this would have been one of them. However, we had no refridgeration nor intention of keeping, so, back into the lake it went. I noted the lamprey marks on it as it slipped back into the water.
No Big Deal, right?
A few hours later, trolling in the same general area, I hooked another laker. As it flipped around in the net, I was astounded to see a fish with only ONE eye~ the right one was missing. And it had lampry marks in the same areas~~~~
What are the chances??????? I told him that fish was trying to commit fishicide!!!

Re: Same Fish

It happens. Hooked a fish on a tandem fly. Lost it because the outside hook broke off, and 1/2 hour later caught the same laker on the same fly and the other half was still in the fish. (it had a real short memory!)

Salty

Next time I fish that area, I will "KEEP AN EYE OUT" for that Laker! Good Story, thanks for sharing.

Good one Misty!