Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hey Big John, Here's an idea for your rigger ducers

Bill when we hook up, bring it along, it's not an emergency type of thing, just want to make it easier.

Appreciate the photo if you can Dave.

Let me explain my unsual request for a "throw away" trolling motor bracket. My new riggers have a ducer of thier own so that it can tell the riggers of upcoming humps. As some of you Squam can be very dangerous with it's erratic bottom. We mounted the ducer on a special bracket off the front of the boat
so that the ducer would see the humps well before the riggers hit them. It works super, however the ducer has to be put on and off each time you travel faster than trolling speed otherwise it sprays water up, earlier it bent the orginal bracket. So we need a way of raising and lowering it easily whem a move is wanted.

Thanks for the response, still not sure what we are going to do, we are investigating all the options, in the meantime we will continue as we are, it's not that big a deal realy. But grandchildreb and comapny will be on the boat more (if the rain ever stops and gets warm, ugh) so we want to tidy up the front platform and make it easier.

Bill, take a break and go fishing.

Big John

i have a small pontoon boat (13 ft) i have 2 fish finders on board i am having trouble finding a good place to mount the " ducer " any ideas?

rich r
i have a small pontoon boat (13 ft) i have 2 fish finders on board i am having trouble finding a good place to mount the " ducer " any ideas?

You have an e mail about your ducer problem from a very reliable source.