Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LCI DERBY on the YOAdrien

As of 4:45 today (scales close at 4) but i don't know if results are final yet.

The YOAdrien, Team Savant Spoon crew (all 4 team members on 1 boat) has 3 fish in the money:

Craig Butler- Salmon 7th place
John Lavoie- Salmon 9th Place
Steven Mann- Walleye 7th place

We weighed in about 10 fish,
Lakers up to 10.08 pounds
Salmon up to 6.06 Pounds
Walleye up to 5.55 Pounds
Brown Trout up to 4.60 pounds

Caught a couple dozen NICE salmon, Many in the 3.5 - 4.6 pound range, real beauties. 1 was tagged we took the numbers and released it about 3.7 pounds.

Dozens of Lakers too, Savant Spoon Jake 45 in Mickey Finn color was a laker and walleye killer!!

Weather was great for most of the derby and lots of fun all around, now that the salmon fishing is really back good up there it is a great place to go if you havn't been.

Water temps were ABSOLUTELY CRAZY Thermoclines that played hide and seek, vertical thermal bars, fast moving cold water channels, fast moving warm water channels. The hardest part was finding and fishing in productive water. We had hard thermoclines set up at 70 feet 60 feet 50 feet 40 feet 30 feet 20 feet 10 feet and no cline at all. temps from 42-68 degrees kept us on our toes. You would be pounding fish 60 feet down and then troll 50 feet west and the down temp drops 15 degrees, pull up the riggers to within 15 feet of the surface and hit salmon seconds later. WILD

Me with a nice salmon
LCI 09 Nice Salmon

Steve with a couple 3.5 pounders to eat
LCI 09 Steve 2 nice salmon

Craigs 6.06 salmon at the scales
LCI 09 6.06 Salmon Craig

Fattest Brown Ever 19" and 4.60 pounds
LCI 09 4.60 brown 19"

Re: LCI DERBY on the YOAdrien

Guys,
Congrats that sounds like a freaking awesome time!!

-Scott

Congrats YoA and team! Sounds like you boys were all over em!
Way to go!
-Kool - Aid

Very nice fish. I was thinking of heading there the end of the month due to mandatory shut down. Then got asked to work.
Adrien how long a ride is it? Is it do-able for a weekend or is a longer trip better?
Saw you on the board the first day but it looked like you got bumped off.

Spike

Congratulations Adrien and crew. Job well done!!!!Doc

Great job guys!! Congrats!
I took 5th & 7th for Brown trout at the LCI back in 84. But they were'nt that fat, nice fish. W-Fat

Hey warden, did they have a seperate catergory for browns back then??

now they just lump browns salmon and bows in together, imagine what that thing would weigh at 22 or 23 inches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a little scared to think about it.

Spike,

IT IS ABOUT 3 HOURS FROM NASHUA AREA

you can go for a day if you want to, we have done it plenty of times.

no sweat for a weekend

that lake can hunble you pretty quick, it is nothing like fishing on good old vanilla winni. you have to pay attention to everything if you want to box fish, or get lucky and set up on them.

your fishfinder will read bait and fish everywhere, but you don't just catch them anywhere, many times the school is super tight and you have to find it and hit it just right to get bit.

i wish i knew what all the fish on the screen are sometimes, maybe huge schools of perch alewives smelt bass sheephead walleye, i really don't know, i have trolled countless hours way down deep through thousands of fish and never get a touch, then lift them to the surface and hit salmon and lakers. It's maddening. go out in 300 feet of water and look at your screen there will be fish all over from 100-200 feet down. i rarely catch one out there but they are everywhere.

What a great job by all our N.H. guys.Maybe next year we will try.polebreaker

A little different prize set up back then.
Browns. Sal. Lakers. cold water speciecs. 10 places for that cat. with diff. PTS for each. Kinda the same as now. The last year I fished it the grand prize was a Gradey White with a 150 HP & a Dodge Ram to pull it. W-Fat

Great job guys, excellent pics. That brown looks like he has been juicing!!!!!