Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sebego Lake help

I am going to camping at Point Sebego from 7/11 through 7/18. I have rented a slip at the resort for the 'toon for the week and would like to do some fishing.

Can anyone offer some help on places to start or maybe a local tackle shop (like AJ's) Where i could spend some $$ in exchange for some insight/recommendations?

I have never boated or fished Sebego so I am kind of going in blind.

Point Sebego is at the north end of the lake near the state park.

Thanks in advance for any help-
Ryan

Re: Sebego Lake help

Right out from point sebago (on the left i beleive?)coming out of the launch is a bunch of islands, good laker fishing in the deep water marked a bunch last weekend, we were also marking lakers throughout much of the deep water in the 100' to 125' down range. Good lures for me are the copper suttons, db smelt in the rangley special, and yellow with blk/dots, copper back. Couldn't tell ya about the salmon as I've yet to find them this year myself LOL besides a few small ones.8-10 colors of lead were pretty good for me too. Good Luck Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

Talk to Gregg or Carol Cutting @ Jordan's Store,
Rt. 114 Long Bch, Sebago, ME 04029 (207) 787-3866
They are the local experts.

Another good thing to read is the kittery trading post fishing report, there is usually something about sebago every week in that report. Take Care god bless LOL Dave

Naples bait and tackle run by Dave Garcia. The key to this lake is to be 3-4 off the bottom for lakers. Use dave davis' and a sewed on shiner that has a bend in it. Salmon....fish it like winni. Over by Nasons beach (west side) is a nice hump. The camel pasture is a good area as well.

we were catching salmon just south of the dingley islands on the west side of raymond neck working down to the point and back to the islands last week. 4 to 5 colors on the lead, and 35 feet on the riggers. the salmon were being caught on the sliders on the riggers aka cheater rig in nh. sliders are legal in maine. jordans store sells a realy good map of the lake. we only caught one nice salmon last week, about 4 to 4.5 pounds and it was on the surface 20 feet back in the propwash. the rest of the salmon were under 18 inches which is small for what the lake has been producing the last couple years. if it ever stops raining ill be out there this weekend on channel 12,

Hey Fishless, What's the boat traffic look like on the 4th usually????? Guess we're thinking of making a trip on Sat. this week instead of Sunday (Shhhhhhh Haven't told the wife yet LMAO) Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

its not too different than most weekends in the summer, not much if anything early in the day but if its sunny there will be the usual yahoos starting around 11 am. the spring fishing traffic is weeded way down because everyones out fishing stripers

theres alot of wardens on the water this year, not really sure why this year is different

Actually had one check us at the raymond launch when we left. Checked our cooler, commented on the fish(never even measured them), talked with us about fishing for a good 10 minutes and here's the funny part, never even asked to see our licenses??????? Weird????? Young guy who had actually gone to school with someone from Berlin I don't mind wardens like that, it's the ones that think they are god that fry my butt. Probably talk to ya on Sat or Sun, or at least I'll try LOL Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

Thanks for the help guys. Sorry I didn't post earlier, I have been away camping. I am home for 2 days then headed to Sebego. I will post some results when I return.

fished sebago today salmon came on the db smelt yellow black dots # 24 riggers at 30 feet lakers came on swen on bait 7-8 colors out salmon were sll small and 1 good laker at 4 lbs it was x-tra choppy and windy out there today