Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question about all this Rain and It's effect on Fish????

Ok here's the scoop, last sunday when we went to Sebago we marked a ton of lakers all throughout the water column, this week (yesterday) we had a very hard time to mark little if any fish on the finder. We did manage to pull in 3 lakers, on 8 colors of lead, but that was it, each time we caught a fish we never had any markings on the finder. (spoke with Fishlessman a little bit and he reported the same thing on his end). He made a comment on the radio about the fish possibly going up river because of all the rain we've had (what rain LMAO). After hearing that comment, I figured I would ask the fishing masters of the site, "How does multiple days of rain, high water effect the fish?" Do they head for the rivers? Thanks for any tips as this is something I have absulutly no clue about? Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

Re: Question about all this Rain and It's effect on Fish????

im thinking the big salmon do head up. i used to fish the trophy section of the conn river above, i believe, francis. when the flows go up the fish head into that section from the lake, some really big fish. found some big schools of smelt sunday, i think YOY from the depths and sizes of the schools, seems early this year if thats what i was seeing