Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OSWEGO PRO-AM Results Team Savant Spoon

YUKKY Would sum it up.

Fished thursday before the tourny we hooked up 2 browns and 2 kings, trolled a lot of water looking for fish didn't find many. weather was AWESOME

Fished friday before the tourny we hooked up 6 kings in an area we hadn't tried thursday, it looked like we were onto something there, weather was AWESOME, we were all set to go for saturday morning of the tourny.

Fished saturday morning and had our first king on at 6:30, landed by 6:50 at 135 feet down on the rigger on a white spin doctor and glow white a-tom-mik live series fly. Hit right on our marks from the day before, we were ready to slam some fish. Well that was the only one we got before the Crazy Storms chased us off the lake at noon.

Sunday the Tourney was cancelled because of 6 foot seas and 20kt winds. We had no chance to make a comeback.

Now for the details. The spiny water fleas were so bad that many times the rods would pop after 5 minutes because the line was loaded with fleas, they would come up 1/2 inch thick and 20 feet long after 5 minutes trolling, we had to constantly pop the rigger rods and clean off fleas. The weather on saturday was very bad, we could only troll 1 way and then pick up and run back to start the troll over, problem was we couldn't run more than 8 mph into the waves, lost a lot of time doing that. It was very tough being 1 of the smallest boats in the tourney.

The fishing was so bad that 24 out of 36 teams caught 4 or less fish, 10 had 5-6, and 1 had 7, and 1 had 8.

We finished 30 out of 36 boats, our worst finish to date, oh well next week will be our week to make up for this poor showing.

I have never actually ever fished the east end of the lake (Oswego, Henderson, Pulaski) after May 20th, so i had never been out past 40 feet of water in my life there, always early shallow water brown trout fishing, so i had 2 days tp catch up with everybody else, i thought we had something going friday but it went to pot saturday.

Here's a pic of Will Hoyt, he answered my post about being an observer for us and got to pre fish with us a couple days, this was his biggest king at 18 pounds. Thanks a lot Will it was great fishing with you.
Will Hoyt w/King 18lbs

Re: OSWEGO PRO-AM Results Team Savant Spoon

Adrien,did you try bloodknotting 30 lb test line onto your spool?We allways put on the amount that we are leaving in the water and those d@#m fleas can't grab onto the line,it works really good for us.Better luck next time.polebreaker

i went up to 50!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY C#*P,I hope they are cleared up before we head out at the end of august.polebreaker

For what its worth we run flea flicker made by cortland Very very very little issues with fleas sometimes the cables on the riggers will get goofed up with them and the flea flicker is clean as a whistle on the rods.......Good stuff

C.C.

needless to say all the flea flicker was sold out in oswego and it is in the mail right now and will be on the reels tonight, i thought it was awful early for this many fleas but they were there. They were on the rigger cables every time we came up.

Re: OSWEGO PRO-AM Results Team Savant Spoon// we don't need them

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/invasives/aquaticanimals/spinywaterflea/index.html

Nice King for Will.
Adrien, You will get them next time!
Richard