Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mooselook Trip

Six RFPs fished Rangeley and Mooselookmeguntic for 3 days, Salty, Tin Boat, Crawfish, Fishrod and White Cap. The weather was cool and raining or overcast, with water temps about 63. Fished riggers from 25 to 40’ and 5 to 7 colors on lead. Fished Rangeley for an afternoon and found the fishing was slow. Next day fish Mooselook and the fishing was much better. The salmon were long, slim and sassy with a lot of aerodynamics, and the brook trout were nice for their size.
Fishrod landed a nice 3.5 lb brook trout.

Mooselookmeguntic 7/12/09

Re: Mooselook Trip

Niiice brokie !!! I havn,t got one like that in a looong time.

I was also fishiing there last week. Every thing we were catching was 5 to 15feet. Using flys smelt pattern's. And small mooselook's. Couldn't get any thing to bite below 15 feet. What were you using if you don't mind sharing. Did try down to 35'.

Triple D
I was also fishiing there last week. Every thing we were catching was 5 to 15feet. Using flys smelt pattern's. And small mooselook's. Couldn't get any thing to bite below 15 feet. What were you using if you don't mind sharing. Did try down to 35'.

The hot combo was green verticals and green chartreuse horizontals with a fuzzy green chartreuse copper back mooslook 10 to 15’ back.

Green Blades

Photobucket

Green Grave Digger also produce.
Photobucket

The second hot combo was blue verticals and horizontals with water melon and a large white red dot mooslook

Photobucket

Several other lures also produce like, red nose copper and bikini copper, can’t remember others.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gus

Thanks for the info. Green has always been a good color at Richardson. First time fishing mooselook.

Nice pics Gus. Had a great time with you and the other attending RFP's.
Richard

I had a blast fishing on the Peggy "C" with Hugh Crawford and Bud Booth. We had a ton of laughs and caught a ton of fish. Hugh had a light lead set up with a red Mooselook warbler that "killed" the Salmon off the planer board. Top Gun and Guide specials were hot. Oil Slick worked good. Our biggest Brook trout was 17 1/2", and biggest Salmon was 19 1/2". (The Salmon jumped about 20 times on 8 colors of lead!) We caught fish from 15' down to 40'. Wonder Bread tg behind wonder blades worked well also.
It was a trip I'll never forget.

Salty

Gray Ghost
Triple D

The hot combo was green verticals and green chartreuse horizontals with a fuzzy green chartreuse copper back mooslook 10 to 15’ back.

Green Blades

Photobucket

Green Grave Digger also produce.
Photobucket

The second hot combo was blue verticals and horizontals with water melon and a large white red dot mooslook

Photobucket

Several other lures also produce like, red nose copper and bikini copper, can’t remember others.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gus

Hey Gus you forgot the large white mooselook with red dots. That worked when the others slowed down.
Cal

Thanks guys it's such a great chance to fish with people as knowable about a sport as you folks are about trolling for the 'king of fresh water fish'.I had a ball.Salty my ribs are still sore from laughing. See Ya Tinboat

I agree, a great trip with a group of very dedicated fisherman and fun folks to be with. Thanks for including me.

Crawfish

the only thing I don't like about mooselook is how far you have to walk to park the truck and trailer Ughhh I bet it's close to a mile away LOL Take Care God Bless and Glad you RFP's had a good time LOL Dave

I agree Dave. Since I was the designated runner,the only RFP that could make it :>), the soles of my sneakers are a litttle thinner. Didn't lose any weight though. Maybe that's because the beers at the end of the day contain a few calories.
Cal

When I had better knees and we went up there, I used to bring my kids little scooter with me LOL I hate the walk and wish the salmon were bigger on that lake Alot of small guys Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

Cal
I could have made the trip to the parking lot, but I enjoyed watching you do it. LMAO! And also, I am not allowed to drive either truck, so, you were basicily the "designated driver". LOL
Richard

Richard are you sure you could find the parking lot?
And if so, would you stop before driving into lake? :>)
Cal

Cal
Two good questions, and I am not sure of the answer to either one!
Richard