Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sunday Fishing on Richardson Lake in Maine

Decided to try Richardson as we hadn't been there since last spring. Well the morning didn't start off to well, After spotting 12 moose in less then 2 miles, as we were keeping a watchful eye, Big Stupid Dumb Cow at least 900lbs or better decided she wanted to see my face up close Ughhhhhhh (Scary is an understatement, it was a good thing I didn't have to go number 2 Cause I would've had a big pile of it in my drawers) There was no way we could even comtemplate stopping it happened that fast. She slammed into my side of the truck, never even flinched side stepped walked around the front of the truck and trotted off into the woods. (Did I mention I hate stupid, Dumba$$ Moose) Stoved up the pass. side fender a bit, smashed the side view mirror, and banged up the door Ughhhhhhhhhhhh, Rob says Heck with it were still going fishing LMAO. Got to Richardson and weren't marking much besides a few fish in some huge bait pods. Got 2 brookies about 12" on one, and 14" the other one. Also got 2 salmon, one about 19 inches and really fat which I kept for my kid as she's been buggin me to bring her home some fresh salmon to eat (funny thing was about this one, i had just changed lures and put on a cool water cruiser top gun, as I was running blades off of the ball, I decided to make a close hitch on the release, as I was leaning over to hook the line into the release, the line takes off out of my hand Huh???????? All of a sudden I look and this 19" salmon had come right up to the top and nailed it hard, Good fight for about 5 minutes or so pulling drag right up till we netted it, Pretty cool, first time that's ever happened to me this late in the season) next salmon was caught at 21' on the rigger on a guide special that Capt. Matty picked out for me at the gathering this spring in 33' of water????. Besides the 4' white caps (stupid weatherman?????) and hitting the dumb dumb moose it wasn't that bad of a day. Take Care God Bless LOL Dave who doesn't want to see another moose that close for a long time!!!!!!! P.S. forgot to mention Rob caught the monster of the day, all of a sudden my leadcore rod takes off screaming drag, Rob sets the hook and the rod bends right in half WOW this is a huge fish?????? Thing was there was no shake tuggin nothing? but it was coming in really slow, after a 15 minute tug of war Rob pulls in a log about 5' long (did I mention Yo Zuri hybrid 10 pound test is strong as Heck?) this log weighed all of 40-50 pounds easily, when I get a chance I post a pic of the whopper log fish LMAO

Re: Sunday Fishing on Richardson Lake in Maine

Hey Dave,can you make fish sticks out of that stick fish?LMAO.Glad you guys are ok those moose are scary,the left side of my truck still wears the natures art of an eight point buck that did the same.It happened to the previous owner.I left it like that after all it's just a truck and looks don't stop you from getting the boat to the lake.polebreaker

Glad you guys are okay! No text message pics this weekend????

Hope all is well!

-Kool-Aid

Great report Dave. Glad your encounter with moose left you guys okay.
Never fished that lake but Trav and I have hunted near it. Great country up there!

Yeah it def. is beautiful country (and I am pretty sure I know a couple of the areas you hunted, They don't grow small bucks up that way LOL) It's a nice lake that has some HUGE lakers in it, Gotta get Trav to come up there with me and try his jiggin method? Would love to see if that would pull up some of the monsters? Yeah the moose def. scared the living crap out of me It happened so fast it wasn't even funny, had enough time to say Oh F__K and that was it. Also reminds me of why I will never own a small sub compact car ever again. I deal with poor gas mileage in my big full size truck, at least I know I'll have a better chance of surviving a full on hit by one of those big beast. Sorry no pics Kool-aid, cell service is far and few between up there. Take Care God Bless LOL Dave