(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Took the plunge on a Humminbird 997c GPS / sonar

Eric,
Congratulations and I don't think you'll be disappointed. I also saw no need for the Navionics bundle which contains older maps which can't be updated. Some advice: mounting is a key with this huge transducer. Make sure you mount it so nothing obstructs either side of it. This would impede the ability of the unit to read of to both sides. I highly recommend you join the Humminbird Yahoo groups forum. There is a ton of info, especially pics of mounting the unit properly. Also, there are experts from Humminbird who check this site and answer any questions that arise. Good luck!

Chris

Thanks Chris, will do. Looks like the old Lowrance ducer will have to come off.

Eric

ERIC,
I have a Humminbird model 787c2 with the navionics platinum chip.It is 2 or 3 years old and the only trouble I have had was my fault.Heads up for you, boat was on the trailer in my yard with the covers on. fish finder on the dash in the sun on a day the temp reached 98 in the shade. Next time we went to the lake it was cooked, no picture at all. After 2 hr the screen came back about 50%.Called humminbird and sent it to them for $150 they will fix anything that is wrong with it and ship it back to you.It works great again but when I am done for the day fishing I remove it and wrap it in a towel and put it under my seat.It never happened before but it was never 98 before this either. I didn't get it fixed for nothing but the work they did was 100%.The warranty had already run out when this happened.
Ernie.