(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sampson and his Five pound Bow!!!

Link
That bow is a beast Big John! Nice Fish. Apparently Squam is hording all thie big bows now too![/

Thanks Link, I thought the lake was cleaned out of big fish by now as the transient fisherman pretty much stopped coming, lol. But we always manage to find just one more, we will keep looking until they are all gone.

But I'm seeing photos and hearing the Winni Gods are letting go of some it's big boys the past week or so.
So maybe all the Lakes will be decent the next 2 months.

Good luck,

Big John

Congratulations on a super catch!!

Salty

Beauty John. I guess you really DO know how to fish. BTW, what did that beast hit? Was it a "SSS." ?

Eric

Eric Hince
Beauty John. I guess you really DO know how to fish. BTW, what did that beast hit? Was it a "SSS." ?

Eric

Special Tandem Red Gray Ghost tied by Alan at AJ's (45 feet down on a hunch) most have been 25/30 feet down (weird for Squam) fly was pulled by a G2Jigger (jigger Ball) 65 feet back.

Things change from day to day, month to month, I haven't caugh a fish on a spoon in over 4 weeks, all tandem flies, how's that for a Big John/Squam switch. Probably change again soon to something else ?

Flies need to be kept moving too, rod pumper or jig ball. It's crazy, not one fish taken off straight rigger with blades and spoons for over a month, before that, spoons and blades were the hot set up ?????????????????????

Nice to hear from you stranger. I'll send you some of this years photos, having trouble getting them posted on the bragging board (technical problem) and I don't know how to do it here, lol. Maybe I'll try to learn as I LOVE TO BRAG, lol.

Big John

Big John

John Sampson
Eric Hince

Eric

Special Tandem Red Gray Ghost tied by Alan at AJ's (45 feet down on a hunch) most have been 25/30 feet down (weird for Squam) fly was pulled by a G2Jigger (jigger Ball) 65 feet back.

Things change from day to day, month to month, I haven't caugh a fish on a spoon in over 4 weeks, all tandem flies, how's that for a Big John/Squam switch. Probably change again soon to something else ?

Flies need to be kept moving too, rod pumper or jig ball. It's crazy, not one fish taken off straight rigger with blades and spoons for over a month, before that, spoons and blades were the hot set up ?????????????????????

Nice to hear from you stranger. I'll send you some of this years photos, having trouble getting them posted on the bragging board (technical problem) and I don't know how to do it here, lol. Maybe I'll try to learn as I LOVE TO BRAG, lol.

Big John

Big John

John have you used any hardware this last month while pulling flies?

Yes I have, Sunday we had 1 spoon out all day, behind blades, not a bite. we have been going heavy with flies as that's what we have been hitting on.

But spoons may do it again soon, who knows ????

Big John