(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Boat ramp approved

It is gonna be awesome!

From what I have heard it is going to be set up similar to the one on Newfound. But that is just what I heard through the vine

-Kool-Aid

now lets get one for winni!!!!!!!

I am so fed up with trying to get on that lake. I don't mean just for fishing, if you go up with your family after 11 am on the weekend to cruise the lake it is a nightmare!!!

I know it will still be tough even with a state ramp but I would love some of the marina's to take a hit on the launch customers that they act like they don't need. Which they probably don't but would love to just drive by them and beep on the way to a free launch!!!

ilucas
now lets get one for winni!!!!!!!

I am so fed up with trying to get on that lake. I don't mean just for fishing, if you go up with your family after 11 am on the weekend to cruise the lake it is a nightmare!!!

I know it will still be tough even with a state ramp but I would love some of the marina's to take a hit on the launch customers that they act like they don't need. Which they probably don't but would love to just drive by them and beep on the way to a free launch!!!

If and I say if, where would they put it, they would need 3 or 4 of them.

From what I read the state has authorization to put them on any lake over a certain acerage and it aint much, assuming all permits, etc are in line.

I'll see if I can find it.

Big John
Big John

Check out the web site and computer rendition of what it's supposed to be like, looks good..

Big John

Here it is and I'm sure it's not a slam dunk like it reads, but it looks like it can be done or looked into if the state ewants.

ONCORD, N.H. -- The Department of Environmental Services (DES) Wetlands Bureau has approved the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department's wetland permit application for construction of a new boat access facility at the Wild Goose site on Lake Sunapee in Newbury, N.H. The wetlands permit is the third and final permit required for the project. An Alteration of Terrain Permit and a Shoreland Permit were previously approved.

Land for the Wild Goose Access Site was bought 19 years ago for the purpose of constructing a free, safe, user-friendly public boating access site on Lake Sunapee, the sixth largest lake in New Hampshire. The project was recommended by the state Public Water Access Advisory Board to address the lack of adequate public access to the lake.

Under N.H. State Law, the Fish and Game Department has authority and responsibility to establish public access to waterbodies over 10 acres in size, known as "great ponds," which are by statute publicly owned. Other access sites exist on Lake Sunapee, but none have adequate public access -- parking is extremely limited or restricted to residents only, fees are charged, or they are not useable by larger boats, among other problems.

For more information on Fish and Game's proposed Wild Goose Access Project, visit http://www.wildnh.com/access/wildgoose.

Hi,
I've vented before about this topic but it's worth repeating. To not have a world class FREE launch site on Winni is a crime and it disgusts me. I WILL NOT ever pay to launch on Winni- ever!!!!!!! $20 to launch a boat- who the heck are these people kidding. They can all go to h--l! My recommendation is to get rid of the RV park at Ellacoya and put in a free launch site. One where you can actually park at and launch 3-4 boats at the same time. NH F&G should really hang their head on this one.Lack of access to the state's largest lake is a sin and is borderline criminal. Sorry for venting, but this topic really ticks me off!

Chris

I have a buddy with a camp at Sunapee and used to fish it fairly often. The existing launch at the State Park sucks - you have to run a shallow stream to access the lake - really only fit for smaller boats. Not sure if I could even get the Mako through there. I think it's great that they're pursuing some better access there.

I agree with you on a Winni ramp,probably never see it happen. As with Sunapee I wouldn't hold my breath for that one.They,have already promised a legal battle.More money is wasted kissing ass on these large lakes just to get what legally is everyones right to the water and our state charges a fee to build these ramps. More of our money goes to lawyers than to construction costs.Look how long it took to build the ramp at Winnisquam and look where it is and where it was supposed to go.Now there going to close the Laconia prison and watch what happens to that state land,DEVELOPEMENT!! MONEY TALKS AND ---- WALKS!!!

I agree 100% about the Winni launch, for many years now I have been working to get free access to Winni with ample parking, Ellacoya would be nice but, the water level at Ellacoya is the biggest problem, with the long sandy bottom there it would take more money than its worth to construct a ramp there even with today's technology.

I say have the state take by imanent domain the land of the people giving ames farm the problems and build the ramp on that land.Takes care of 2 problems at once.public launch right there and ames picks up the overflow and the beutiful people have to move(LOL)