Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Black's downrigger release Help!

On black's as stated earlier you need at least 7 twists.... 7 will hold the line in place and you can still see the action in the rod if you are "dragging" a fish....

http://www.downriggerrelease.com/
i along with many other fishermen have switched over to chamberlain releases in the last year or so, they are a "better mouse trap".

Hey Rick,
Definetley need more line twists, but I like the others have also switched to the Chamberlains, I really like them. I did learn the same lesson as you though about the line twisting issue, even with the Chamberlains, you need to do at least 7 twists, but they hold great once you get the right amount.

-Scott

I use 8 to 10 twists and have no trouble, but am about to switch to the chamberlin, after a demo from the master, Salty....Good luck........Doc

Thank you guys. Just sounds like I'm not twisting enough. I also took more of your advice and just bought 2 chamberlain releases. fishing winni this weekend, I'll let you know if I've "mastered" this yet. Have a great day.

Rick

anrik1
Thank you guys. Just sounds like I'm not twisting enough. I also took more of your advice and just bought 2 chamberlain releases. fishing winni this weekend, I'll let you know if I've "mastered" this yet. Have a great day.

Rick

When I switched to Blacks I gave away all my old Roemers, when I switched to Chamberlains I kept all my old Black's, just in case and now and then we still use one as a stacker..

Big John

Big John

I'm another Chamberlain lover but today I had 2 fish of reasonable size not release my Chamberlain. I'm sure a minor adjustment will fix the issue.

Chamberlain stackers are coming out so I'm excited. I can't use attractors from the ball if I have Chamberlains but the stackers will make it possible.

Mike
Have you tried hooking your Chamberlain to the rigger cable swivel, then a verticle attractor between the Chamberlain and rigger ball at the end? From there you can hook on a horizontal to the ball if you want.Many including myself, use them that way.
Off to the salt tomorrow!
Richard