Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thurs Salt report

Went to Jeffrie's yesterday with Thomas and a couple of his friends. Fishing was slow, for a trip with Thomas. We kind of expected that, due to the full moon. Thomas brought in a 20# Pollack. We caught a few nice cod and several nice haddock. Caught one other good Pollack, and several cusk. About 20 miles out, on the way, we saw a tall ship heading in to Portsmouth for today. We swung in close to it and took a few pics. A few miles beyond that the birds were working the bait hard. We swung in there and saw a foot ball sized blue fin in front of the bow. We tried to entice him to hit, to no avail. Saw 4 or 5 humpbacks. weather was great, and the ocean (outside) almost flat.
Richard

Re: Thurs Salt report

Richard do you have any longs and lats of where you were on jefferys, I found some of those big haddock as well. YUMMMMIE

C.C.

CC
Sorry I don't have any lats or longs. Thomas is the captain and he has at least 150 way points out there.
Basicily I just drop line and jig when we stop. The best I can say is, leave Portsmouth mouth around 6:00 (in the summer) head directly towards the rising sun for 32 miles. We usually fish in 185 to 210' of water. Often times on the edges.
Mark, Looking forward to it. I was not the cusk father. LOL. Actually I did not catch one yesterday. BTW, the "cod father" was not there yesterday. Good luck on Champ.
Richard

Hey Richard who was the Cusk Father? LOL!!!
Sounds like a nich day.
I'll give you a shout when I get back.
Mark