Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: favorite downrigger rod

Daiwa Linear Interline Downrigger Rod. this is a guide less rod the line feeds trough the center of the rod and out the top..
I have an 8 footer in med light it has amazing feel to it. you can pick up every swish of the tail.

9' Wright Mcgill fast action light!!!! This rod is so nice! You need to give them a try!!! A.J.'s and Paugus can get em!

Cool Water

I have a bunch of Shakeshere Intrepid rods that work well. Got them at KTP some years ago. Overall I find the size of the fish to be down in the past couple years and I am now running fly rods off a couple riggers.

ya i have a couple 'intrepid rods' also... nice light downrigger rod.. there good too !

Myself, I like the cheapos at AJ's, the yellow Starfires (25/30 bucks) I have a few expensive 9' Diamond Backs and hate them, too fragile, etc. I never use them, seems something allways breaks. I dropped a cinder block on a Starfire once and nothing broke, guides bent a little, true story. We have broke a few but totaly stupid causes, carelessness, closed in a door, etc. but AJ normally replaces them anyhow, a few he didn't, too old I guess, lol

I spend my money on good reels and line, let's face it that's all there is between you and the fish.

I've used a few light action Ugly Sticks and they are pretty dam good, I have no idea how much they cost though.

Big John