Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: high speed trolling

Go visit AJ's he had a bunch of Harry's lures they are designed for trolling at that speed.

Glen

ive got some of those someplace forgotten, ill have to look. i think ive got some french spinners made by him as well, those should work.

fishlessman
other than speedy lures, what others work at 3 to 4 mph. the newer speedys dont seem to work as well as the older versions ive been noticing. aquired an old otterget lure which works well, but difficult to make.

Mike,

Not sure if you use flies but we troll tandem streamers up to 3.5 with a rapala knot, we also use them on Rod Pumpers and Jig Balls at that speed with very good results..

Big John

i used to use flies alot til fishing here, infact my flytying room is built off the living room with french doors. bet the married guys dont have that LOL. their not working on this lake for me, seems im only washing feathers here

fishlessman
i used to use flies alot til fishing here, infact my flytying room is built off the living room with french doors. bet the married guys dont have that LOL. their not working on this lake for me, seems im only washing feathers here

Uhm, I hate to tell you how many fish I've caught with flies this year, I'll bet 10 (or more) to 1 flies, last year mostly spoons ??????

Every year is different I suppose and it's what you are confident in. I think the tandem flys look much more like the real thing (smelt) than spoons and they say catch bigger fish, but less..

As you know I make (tape) allot of spoons, 1000's, but tying flys are not in my bag of tricks, there are allot of guys out there that make masterpieces, real works of art and reasonably priced too.

I'm seriously think of selling off most of my spoons, 95% never used, lol Fishlander Glows included, I have WAY TOO MANY and this year hardly used them.

Big John

other lakes ive done well with flies, just not on my home waters which is the kicker. ive had them on the pumper, on the gr jigger, bought some from aj's, jim, the grjigger guys (those are some beuaties, very wel made), and have a couple hundred homemade ones, always hoping and we have them out for a while almost everyday we fish. just not happening here for us. heres some of my more resent creations. ive reall got to get into taping the lures, too many i have bought as well that never get used
Photobucket

John Sampson
fishlessman

Uhm, I hate to tell you how many fish I've caught with flies this year, I'll bet 10 (or more) to 1 flies, last year mostly spoons ??????

Every year is different I suppose and it's what you are confident in. I think the tandem flys look much more like the real thing (smelt) than spoons and they say catch bigger fish, but less..

As you know I make (tape) allot of spoons, 1000's, but tying flys are not in my bag of tricks, there are allot of guys out there that make masterpieces, real works of art and reasonably priced too.

I'm seriously think of selling off most of my spoons, 95% never used, lol Fishlander Glows included, I have WAY TOO MANY and this year hardly used them.

Big John

WOW if your going to give up the fishlanders we are going to have to talk because my stockpile of my faverite lure is getting smaller all the time.lol.Spoons have been getting it done very well on winni,but the flies are coming on strong.Marvel series fly's and white perch fly's from AJ's have been doing it for us.

Dave P.
John Sampson
fishlessman

Big John

WOW if your going to give up the fishlanders we are going to have to talk because my stockpile of my faverite lure is getting smaller all the time.lol.Spoons have been getting it done very well on winni,but the flies are coming on strong.Marvel series fly's and white perch fly's from AJ's have been doing it for us.

John Sampson
Dave P.
John Sampson
fishlessman

Big John

We can talk, not sure how to go about it. Thought about how to do it a few times, but never could figure out how to do it easily.

Big John

John Sampson
John Sampson
Dave P.
John Sampson
fishlessman

Big John

We can talk, not sure how to go about it. Thought about how to do it a few times, but never could figure out how to do it easily.

Big John

I would take every fishlander wonderbread and double electric koolaid copper ,gold and silver that you would be willing to part with the rest I have no exoerience with at all but would enjoy discussing them.polebreaker

Polebreaker, I sent you an e mail.

Big John