Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Big John with some really BIG FISH!!!!!!

HOLY (expletive deleted)! Awesome Fish John and Russ!

I keep saying I have to get my boat over there one of these days.....

Really nice fish!

Those pictures are going to make pretty tough for me to make it through work tomorrow knowing that I will be on the water thursday and friday. Now if I can only find the 6+ pounder in Winni!

John - just goes to show that perseverance pays off. I know you have had some slow days on the water this year, looks like payback time, Congrats to John Sampson, one of the hardest fishing people I have ever known - you deserve it.
later
Throbbin Rods

Awesome fish John.

Link
HOLY (expletive deleted)! Awesome Fish John and Russ!

I keep saying I have to get my boat over there one of these days.....

Those pictures are going to make pretty tough for me to make it through work tomorrow knowing that I will be on the water thursday and friday. Now if I can only find the 6+ pounder in Winni!

They're in Winni Link, problem is you have to weed your way through all the 2 and 3 pounders and Lakers to find em. That's a problem we don't have at Squam, there are no small fish there, actually very few fish at all and even less Lakers (maybe 1 or 2 a year)

To that add "way too much bait" for the residents and it equals a very simple equation. Way less fish stocked, way too much bait equals bigger fish, but very hard to get them to bite. Throw in a very tough lake to fish and it's easy to figure out why so many are "Squamed" (skunked) But sometimes good things come to those that wait, so come early, stay late and be carefull the Squam Rock Gods don't get ya.

Most times we run 4 to 6 lines and only get one nice one and allot of times the only bite all day, maybe 2 days sometimes. With the tiny Salmon they have stocked the last 2 years (couldn't be helped) it looks like it's going to stay that way for a while, as long as a few survive the stocking each year. When they go in, 8 or 9 to a pound, do the math, that's maybe 1 ounce and maybe 3" long, perfect bite size for most any of the resident fish in the Lake..

Be happy to take you out on Big Squam sometime and show you around, I have a good map, lol.

Big John

Way to go John!! Those are some awesome monsters!!!! Whose this Russ guy??? lol Was he the one that put the banana on my boat at the RFP cookout???? You missed a good time. You should go to the next one!

Salty

Salty
Way to go John!! Those are some awesome monsters!!!! Whose this Russ guy??? lol Was he the one that put the banana on my boat at the RFP cookout???? You missed a good time. You should go to the next one!

Salty

Thanks,

My fault, I let him take bananas on my boat, I heard it was good luck now, direct from Trav.

Maybe next RFP I can make it.

Big John

They're in Winni Link, problem is you have to weed your way through all the 2 and 3 pounders and Lakers to find em. That's a problem we don't have at Squam, there are no small fish there, actually very few fish at all and even less Lakers (maybe 1 or 2 a year)

To that add "way too much bait" for the residents and it equals a very simple equation. Way less fish stocked, way too much bait equals bigger fish, but very hard to get them to bite. Throw in a very tough lake to fish and it's easy to figure out why so many are "Squamed" (skunked) But sometimes good things come to those that wait, so come early, stay late and be carefull the Squam Rock Gods don't get ya.

Most times we run 4 to 6 lines and only get one nice one and allot of times the only bite all day, maybe 2 days sometimes. With the tiny Salmon they have stocked the last 2 years (couldn't be helped) it looks like it's going to stay that way for a while, as long as a few survive the stocking each year. When they go in, 8 or 9 to a pound, do the math, that's maybe 1 ounce and maybe 3" long, perfect bite size for most any of the resident fish in the Lake..

Be happy to take you out on Big Squam sometime and show you around, I have a good map, lol.

Big John[/quote]

I'll have to take you up on that offer sometime John!

Link

Some nice looking fish there!

Great fish John and Russ. John, your looking near down right skinny!! Gonna be needing a smaler raincoat, ha ha. Cal P.

Yankee Native
Great fish John and Russ. John, your looking near down right skinny!! Gonna be needing a smaler raincoat, ha ha. Cal P.

I have a great camera, makes fish look bigger and me smaller, lol. Actually both fish and me are actual, I'm loosing a bit, fishin alone is allot of work on The Barge, having trouble gettin a crew lately.

I'll never get you of your new ride, lol.

Big John
Still way too big, but workin on it.