Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Winni Report for Thurs. & Fri

Fantastic! One word sums it up. I fished solo Thursday evening and put 4 in the boat within an hour and then the bite just went away. I managed to bring in a fat 6 year old female which caused me to jump up and down, do my I caught a big fish dance and yell loudly with excitement for a little bit. I know, I know, I am supposed to act like I've been there and done that, but hey this is supposed to be FUN! Talked to Wyatt's Flies out there and it sounded like he was doing pretty well with the lakers!

Friday morning I fished with my usual partner and as usualy he started the morning off with a bang while I watched him reel in all the fish. As the sun got a little higher in the sky things evened out and we ended up going fish for fish.

Overall I must say that the salmon fishing is much better than I saw it a few weeks ago when nothing but small, short, skinny 2 year olds were being caught. This fish these last two trips out were fat healthy and very feisty. There is nothing like the sound of a screaming drag to keep you on your toes when you thought you had a salmon in the net and then it takes off for 150 feet! We saw a few 3 year olds and 4 year olds out there and, yes, even a few future trophies.

Now for the Poop!
Thursday evening I used a Little Guide #08 and something that I taped up that I am now calling the Winnipesaukee Special. Both caught fish but the LG-08 caught 3 of the 4 and also caught the 6 year old. I fished 35-38 feet on the riggers, vertical and horizontal blades, both riggers hit, 38 feet getting 3 of 4.

Friday morning, early the Cool Water Cruiser Top Gun was by far the productive lure. Purple and orange worked well in other brands, Mini-BB Gun, guides special...As the sun came up we switched things around and hit home with the yellow and black dot DB smelt. Yet again that one dried up and the Rangeley DB and the Little Guide 08 finished out the morning with a bang. Depths and set-up on riggers were the same as thursday night. We also ran leadcore at 6-8 colors with only one taker on a rangeley at 7 colors.

Good luck!
Link

Re: Winni Report for Thurs. & Fri

Great report! Too bad I have to work the next 6 days straight! You gave me the fever!

Matt

Hi Link, Nice speaking with you last nite. You had your karma working for sure with those nice Salmon. We had the Lakers under control and a couple of Bows.No Salmon for us last nite,ughhhh.We also use Capt. Matty's Guide Special Lures.There's some bait balls out there for them too eat! See you out there. Bobby

Way to go link! Great report.