Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thurs salt report

Fished with Thomas, two of his nephews, and a friend. My favorite part of the report is... @ 4:00 a.m. marine forecast calls for 5 knot winds with flat to 1' seas. When we got to the slip at 6, the wind was blowing 20 knots. We hooked up (no pun intended) with Matty and his crew at the Isle of Shoals. Went to Old Scantum, jigged up some small cod, including a few keepers. Headed a few more miles out and tried again. Then we headed for Jeffries in 3-5' seas. Some where along the way we lost Matty. Hope you made it back, buddy. Got out to Jeffries and between the wind and current, we had to anchor up. Thomas never anchors up. We picked a way at them until noon. Left the anchor attached to a ball and went to look for some big schools. The current and wind cooperated and first stop, it was non stop action on 100% big haddock. Next stop, 100% nice keeper cod. We just dropped the jigs and reeled them up. All afternoon, we were slaying them. No trophies, but big haddock, nice cod, and some 15 to 20# pollack. Only 3 cusk, and never saw a dog. Late afternoon we headed back 25 miles in 6 to 8' seas. Fortunately, the wind was at our back. Thomas was nice enough to let me have the "wet" seat. Fortunately I had on rain gear. The gear was soaking wet, but I remained relatively dry! Back at the boat club, Thomas grilled up plenty of venison teriyaki and some awesome venison sausage that he made. Off to look for stripers tomorrow with White Cap.
Richard

Re: Thurs salt report

Good report Richard; Like hearing of all the haddok. Planning to go out tomorrow myself. First salt trip in the new boat. Cal P.

Good luck out there Cal! Let us know how you do.
Richard

Wow... no dogfish and just banging the bottom fish. Just the way it should be, right?!? Congrats on a great day.