Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Need some help on Winni

slipknot makes a good point on line size. While changing up my lures and dialing up a good speed have make a big difference for me, the biggest single factor increasing my success was putting on a high quaility leader of 6# Seagar "leader material". #8 leader does no where near as well and 6# anything else doesn't work as well for me.

Question for you early morning guys, do you start right off at first light with 6 colors and 32-25 feet of depth or do you start more shallow then go deep after the sun pops up? I know fish are rising at first light but don't know if they are taking up near the surface.

Thanks again for the great tips and taking the time to help a guy. I don't know the exact speed as I am in a tiny boat and my finder does not do speed. I am not using leadcore. I have been using a Dodger with my White Perch fly thinking that would give some action. I have a swivel at the rod side of the Dodger and then a 12lb leader tied to the streamer end as well as the streamer. I am running 6lb line with #12 snap swivels at the spoon. I have never run leader before except when I'm fly fishing. I didn't know I was suposed to. Would it be better to tie direct to my spoons and have the swivel 5-6' up the line?

Thanks everyone for the excellent advice and help. I didn't have time to go out this morning as I had to pack all my gear away and leave for home. My family that lives here doesn't fish so it all goes away when I leave. Anyway I will be back to try again next summer. Thanks again and I'll post again next year and let you know how I did, and more questions I'm sure.
Thanks,
Chris