Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tues and Fri fishing report

Fished Tues with an old buddy, Kevin Lemire, and his friend Dick Trombley. Kevin is retired from the Navy and Dick is retired from the Air Force. I thank them for their service!!! Neither one had ever caught a Salmon. They had a blast catching some beauties with the largest a 4 1/4+ pound 4 yr old female with several 3 yr olds in the mix. Flies from 6 to 8 colors leadcore got most of them. The big Salmon came on a guide special(fuzzy orange) at 38' deep on the rigger in front of copper horizontal blades.

Fri fished with rfp friend Easy Ed. We got several 3 yr olds a few 2 yr olds and an 18" laker. Most fish came on flies. On the riggers the hot lures were a silver and blue smelt gun (with the blue worn off lol) and a silver and blue chev chase in front of luhr jensen silver blades.

Salty

Re: Tues and Fri fishing report

Salty, you are having a good fishing summer, for sure.

Flies on lead continue to outfish anything else we have tried but the blue/silver has been great for us the last few weeks as well.

I am not familiar with the fuzzy orange color or where to get it, any suggestions?
Thanks,
Bob

I call it fuzzy orange. It's guide special #1. Go to lake links on homepage and clik on Paugus Bay Sports. He sells them at the store, or you can order them on line.

Salty

Got it, thanks Salty!

Sorry I had to pass up the offer to go Friday. Thanks, though. I appreciate it.

Must have been a nice day on the water.