Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I should not buy a lottey ticket today.

So i went to Newfound today with the Grady, solo trip. I have done the solo thing at least 500 times so no biggie. I arrive at 04:30 or s, get the boat ready, back it in and it won't float off the trailer? Ahh, transom straps... Pull the **** thing out, take the transom straps off, start to back it again and - yup - you guessed it, never hooked the winch back up. Stood the Grady up on it's tail?!?!?! Winched and tugged and pulled and cussed and spit and sputtered until it was floating. Kicker would not start... ahh, the kill wire (haven't wired up a switch yet) is touching ground. Move the wire, wrap it around something to keep it out of harm's way. Kicker starts right up - amazing! Fished until 9:00 or so, no hitds, no runs, no errors, no men left on base. Heaqd to the dock, trailer up and head for home. Well, at least I didn't hit the moose I saw on the way over, right? That is a good thing, right?
AAARRRGGGHHH

Re: I should not buy a lottey ticket today.

Nice!!At least you didn't put the plug in the wrong hole!!!BARRY

This week I pulled my boat for the first time since spring deployment! This spring at the Alton ramp the rope cut as I backed it down. A good 20 + feet from the water she skidded down that concrete rough surface fast as heck. I said then to all involved I,m gona runner and I did !! That is one tough hull... as I viewed it for the first time just a few chips in the gell coat right where the plug goes in and just some scuffing on the keal. Sport Craft... just as tough on the ground as in the water !!! Going to lake "O" to rip up some kings.

dont you just love the way they change the lottery and say its easier to win and then it goes for weeks with no jackpot winners

OUCH!!

So how's the bottom of the hull looking? Hopefully not bad.

Definitely sounds like a rough day.

No water taken on to speak of, it looked fine from what i could see. I am gonna pull it part way off the trailer with the Kubota and see if there are any boo boos

Bill, guss the worst part is you didn,t get any fish !!

Yankee Native
Bill, guss the worst part is you didn,t get any fish !!

That could have happrened with a perfect launch these days, unless you are on Winni where they jump into the boat, lol.

HOW'S THE NEW RIDE SHAPING UP CAL ?

Big John
"2 days on the water last week, 1 Bow and not a big one".

John the new boat is super. Did a good 60 miles sunday.The only issue I have is the lack of power steering.Alot of prop torque above 4,000 rpm.Gonna talk with Rick at BBW about an install this winter.It is kinda nice to have a used instead of new boat this time around cause its already been dirty and has a few chips and dings. More fishing, less cleaning. Getting ready to match up with Polebreaker and his brother at Lake O. sunday for a week of fishing Mexico Bay. Can,t wait! Those guys know what their doing out there. later Cal P.